Black Diamond Mega Light Hot Tent Modifications

lewisa45

FNG
I want to install a stove jack on my BD Megalight TP for use with a Kifaru smith cylinder stove. Any thoughts? And has anyone done this with this particular tent? Best stove jack for lightweight and packability? Any input much appreciated, thanks

WoodBow

WKR
Bear paw wilderness is the ones i was looking at before i just made my own. I took fiberglass clothe and impregnated it with silicone. No complaints.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Montero

Lil-Rokslider
I got mine from Seekoutside located in Colorado. Not sure if they still sell one or not but it was not too tough to sew and seal on to the tipi.

WoodBow

WKR
I just realized the other day that you could use a silicone baking sheet for this. They are just silicone with fiberglass cloth inside.

Leroy91

FNG
Bear paw wilderness is the ones i was looking at before i just made my own. I took fiberglass clothe and impregnated it with silicone. No complaints.

What did you use to attach it to your tent fly? Did you also make a stove jack cover?

WoodBow

WKR
What did you use to attach it to your tent fly? Did you also make a stove jack cover?
I just sewed it on. Yes i made a cover for it that rolls up out of the way when im using a stove. Then it just unrolls and velcros at the bottom when not using a stove.

Braaap

WKR
I want to install a stove jack on my BD Megalight TP for use with a Kifaru smith cylinder stove. Any thoughts? And has anyone done this with this particular tent? Best stove jack for lightweight and packability? Any input much appreciated, thanks
Any update? I’m curious about doing this mod to a megalight.

Idagnome

FNG
Old thread, but I did come across this link for those still interested. He used a Kifaru stove in a Megamid

*zap*

WKR
I think a stove jack that velcroed onto tent would be best. That way it would be e-z to change if it was damaged and you could make a vent that velcroed onto the same spot for when you do not use the stove.

I like my megamid but for a hot tent went with a bigger tent. The megamid with a stove is too tight for 2 with wet gear. My hot tenting is in the rain and drying out is primary reason for a hot tent, I bought the Oware 11'x11'. Plus I find my megamid sags so much in the rain that I end up taking my bigger tent. It is heavier but marginally so.