Black Eagle Deep Impact Arrows ?

BSeals71

WKR
Has anyone tried these arrows? What do you think?

I like the smaller outside diameter like Easton's Injexions, but not a fan on Bohning's 'F-nocks'.
Just looking at other possible arrows to try.

Thanks.

Tilzbow

WKR
I've been shooting them this year with excellent results. If I do my job making the arrows and shooting them they're hitting to the same POI with FBBH as field points to 70 yards. The spines are real consistent per my spine tester. The only thing I don't like is the fact the Firenock outserts are challenging to get installed so there is no wobble. I'm about 50% on this which is ok since the ones that don't spin perfectly are practice/3D arrows.

OP
BSeals71

BSeals71

WKR
I've been shooting them this year with excellent results. If I do my job making the arrows and shooting them they're hitting to the same POI with FBBH as field points to 70 yards. The spines are real consistent per my spine tester. The only thing I don't like is the fact the Firenock outserts are challenging to get installed so there is no wobble. I'm about 50% on this which is ok since the ones that don't spin perfectly are practice/3D arrows.

I've heard that with the Firenock outserts. Thanks for your input. They seem like great arrows.

Tilzbow

WKR
I think a key with the Firenock outserts is to make sure they fit tight before gluing. The looser they are the more challenging it is to get them to fit properly. Black Eagle is now making their own outserts and those might be worth a look. My arrows weigh 466 grains and hit like a freight train at 292 FPS.

OP
BSeals71

BSeals71

WKR
I might try putting two 20 gr (40 gr total) Easton Injexion inserts on the Black Eagle Deep Impacts. Think that would work?

Tilzbow

WKR
I've never tried those so no idea.... I didn't care for the HIT inserts, I think it's a weak point and the Deep Six on the Injexions are similar but beyond that I don't have a validated opinion... Plus with the Deep Six you're limited in your broadhead selection.

G5Archer

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered a dozen.. Can't wait to start playing with some new toys!

whaletail

FNG
I bought a dozen Deep Impact 300s to test out and have been very impressed thus far. I ran with VAP 300s last year with the Firenock outsert and they performed okay but wanted to try the Deep Impacts this year. I also struggled with getting a good concentric fit on the Firenock outserts with my VAPs. Black Eagle is now offering their own outserts which I have been pleased with as well. I was considering trying the HITs with these but I want more protection on the front of the shaft.

So far with the Deep Impacts I am digging the toughness. at 11 GPI on the 300s they have a very thick wall for a small diameter hunting shaft. Slightly heavier shaft than I've been shooting but it packs some serious punch. Approx 290FPS out of my D340 at 30.5 draw and 478grain total arrow weight. Right where I want to be.

MattB

WKR
How are the outserts versus the firenock outserts? I had a similar issue (9 spun like tops, 3 were horrible), and want to better understand the alternatives.

whaletail

FNG
So far I've had better luck getting a concentric fit using the BE outserts vs Firenock. I contribute it it better (tighter) fit. I heard Firenock was working on tighter tolerance as well. The BE outserts are longer and cover more of the shaft. Mine weight approx 40 grains.

G5Archer

Lil-Rokslider
egemu7u6.jpg
Running the BE outserts..
qyty3aqe.jpg
ara6ugam.jpg
fletched up a few with 4 Vane Tech vanes. Really like em so far! Was able to get 10 with no woble out of 12.

OP
BSeals71

BSeals71

WKR
Are those the VaneTec 2.5" V-Max? Looks like you were able to get at least +2 degrees of helical.

egemu7u6.jpg
Running the BE outserts..
qyty3aqe.jpg
ara6ugam.jpg
fletched up a few with 4 Vane Tech vanes. Really like em so far! Was able to get 10 with no woble out of 12.

How's everyone liking these deep impact arrows? Do they shoot good? Are they tough? How do they compare to the injections?

FURMAN

WKR
I am shooting X-impacts. They all spin perfect. I used Bohning vane glue and have had an outsert come off. I am going to try the B.E. glue. The penetration is awesome.

FURMAN

WKR
I am shooting them in a new Elite Impulse 31. I do not have the bow tuned yet but it looks like the bow and arrows are going to be very accurate.

supercub

FNG
The X Impacts I owned didn't have consistent spine uniformity when the shaft was rotated 360 degrees. VAPS and injexions were better, but heavier.