Black eagle focos system

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
Im highly interested in the newer insert system that black eagle came out with. They now make it for their rampage shafts and the x- impact I believe. I'm wondering if anyone has had a chance to use it yet and what they thought of it if so? Pros, cons, durability ect...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

mtbshark

WKR
I have them in the .166 and so far they are the best front end available in my opinion! I broke a d loop the other day in garage and sent an arrow into foundation wall at 10 yards and all that I needed to Replace was field point, that’s worth the $$ to me

Before they came out I was using deep six stainless inserts under deep impact outsert to get more foc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have shot the deep impact all winter in 3D league and they are awsome. very tough and also make removal from targets very easy

OP
Ndstevens

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
Went with the X impact and focos system. Alot of foc which wasn't my first priority but they seem to shoot well and hit hard! With a collar/insert like that, they should definitely be tough as well. pretty excited to try them this year.

Super 91

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered a set for my Deep Impacts. It will be interesting to see how they spin test for runout etc. The video is pretty good except when you spin something as fast as he does, you can miss the wobble. If it is bad you will see it, but if it is minute the fast spin disguises it somewhat. I spin test slowly, with my finger over the bearing and the head over a white piece of paper so I can clearly see the wobble if any.

OP
Ndstevens

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered a set for my Deep Impacts. It will be interesting to see how they spin test for runout etc. The video is pretty good except when you spin something as fast as he does, you can miss the wobble. If it is bad you will see it, but if it is minute the fast spin disguises it somewhat. I spin test slowly, with my finger over the bearing and the head over a white piece of paper so I can clearly see the wobble if any.
I Didnt personally cut or install mine but I did put a broadhead on and spin them all when I got home. I have no complaints, The system is pretty sweet. I may get a half dozen in the rampage shaft and try them out as well.

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered some and have been looking at them. They seem like they will handle a good impact but not as tough as ethics outserts.

mtbshark

WKR
They are tough and as tough as the ethics.
I have had one out of 2 dozen not spin perfectly. Just need to take time and seat, spin, then tighten screw.

$.02

TheViking

WKR
I have them in the .166 and so far they are the best front end available in my opinion! I broke a d loop the other day in garage and sent an arrow into foundation wall at 10 yards and all that I needed to Replace was field point, that’s worth the $$ to me

Before they came out I was using deep six stainless inserts under deep impact outsert to get more foc.

What other system have you played with? Very curious of this system.

chasewright15

Lil-Rokslider
I haven’t shot black eagle so I personally haven’t owned any, but... at a shoot last summer there was an all steel bear target with a tiny hole in vitals. We bother missed the soft spot and my victory VAP with stainless steel Ethics broke on impact

but my buddy shooting his x-impacts and FOCUS system had his bounce straight off the steel and it survived and spun true. Pretty impressive. Both 70 pound bows similar draw length.

Updates on the durability of this system?
I seen this thread and got excited to read more reviews but then realized there's only a couple older ones here. I've got a dozen deep impacts and the 100gr focus system on order to replace my VAPs that I've been running for the past few years. I just can't see paying over $200 for a dozen shafts... and Victory isn't planning on shipping anymore out until late January so yeah, screw that.

I've been super happy with the focus system on the BE rampages so far. I ran the stock ss half-serts for a while and lost roughly a dozen of arrows due to occurrences of splintering on either end ends of the shaft on hard impacts to my wooden backstop. I really was going to move away from the rampages because I thought they were a little too brittle, but BE came out with the focos system. I believe the only thing I've had to do moving to the focos system is replacing the outserts if I do miss and hit my backstop, as the outserts get lodged and it's easier to replace the outsert with a new one. I've been running the focos system for 2 seasons now and I really like the additional durability while adding some more foc to the arrow. I don't see myself moving away from the system unless I jump to the x-impacts.

I have used the 204 and 166. I like the system a lot for an outsert. I have replaced the outsert saving my arrow. My only complaint was sanding for the 166 but that is minor.