Black Eagle Rampage 250 impact collars

JP7

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know good impact collars that aren’t iron wills for the 250 Black Eagle rampage arrows? My buddy is building some arrows and my experience all lies in gold tips with gold tip inserts. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nphunter

WKR
As far as I know Iron Will is the only one making an impact collar. The others are making a footer which only goes around the outside of the arrow which will help keep the insert from pushing out sideways. The IW impact collars are a machines piece of steel worn a lip on the front that actually covers the front of the shaft. This helps with hard front impacts as well as leverage on the side.

Most of the other footers are made of aluminum arrows cut down and epoxied to the front of the shaft. I’m sure adding the epoxy does strengthen as well. With the IW collars you don’t need to epoxy them which means they are reusable from arrow to arrow which over time lowers the initial cost quite a bit as long as you don’t lose them.

D95EC842-73BB-4132-98BE-3A44D5C7030A.jpeg

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I just built up a dozen 250 Rampage for a hog hunt with our hardened steel Impact Collars. They performed really well on bone impacts with no damage. Our B size collar fits that shaft perfectly with a very slight press fit so you can pull them on and off and reuse them. Chris Dunlap at Elk River archery cuts aluminum arrow shafts to fit over those also for a lower cost option.

OP
JP7

JP7

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the replies, especially Bill I didn’t know they were reusable and how that lowers the total cost, which is one thing my buddy was balling at when looking at up front prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk