Black Eagle Rampage component recommendations…

MartinD-35

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking for some help identifying some components for my Black Eagle Rampage setup.

I am currently running the standard 52 gr insert with a 50 gr insert weight and have had great success.

I am looking to move to a collar/HIT configuration that is completely glued in to increase reliability of the system as I’ve had the factory BE inserts bend a bit in some cases.

Iron Will makes exactly what I need but will increase my $/arrow by almost $10 so I’m interested to see if any of you have experience with any other options.

Long story short, if I can find a 25gr or 50gr collar that will fit the Rampage, I’ll be all set.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easton has the cheapest HITs but they max out at 75 gr. If you wanted more insert weight, you could install 2 HITs.

Ethics collars are cheaper than IW but still pricey. You could skip the collar altogether or use a Top Hat protector ring (less than $1 each) as a mini collar.

CB4

WKR
If you want strength and durability Iron Will is the only way to go. Brass and Aluminum are too soft.

Reactions: Zac

whaletail

FNG
I’ve been playing with the combination of the Easton HIT 75 grain insert with a VPA collar at 10 grains and really liking it so far. Was in same boat as you as far as wanted to increase strength of Rampage arrow without the cost of some of the higher end components.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TX_Diver

WKR
I switched to Easton Brass HITs when I shot rampages and they were way more durable than the Black Eagle half-outs.

I have ethics components all around. I used to do Easton HIT's or brass then SS collars but now I just get everything through Ethics. I haven't any bad luck with them.

I’ve finally worked my way through most of my rampages with 75 grain HITs and on to 50 grain HITs w/ iron will collars. They don’t seem all that much more durable? This arrow hit something hard around the spine of a deer target at a 3D shoot recently. I was surprised the insert and IW collar let it fail like that. I got some VAP TKOs to try now hoping for a little better durability.

B4DE684F-74BE-464E-9D44-A2D7AD834493.jpeg