Black Eagle Ximpact durability

rsiwuda

Lil-Rokslider
Deciding on an arrow for elk. Does anyone have experience with black eagle x impacts? I'm going to use an upgraded outsert system. Prolly ethics or black eagles locking sleeve system. Was hoping the arrows are durable enough but have no experience with them.

Bump79

WKR
I have been shooting them for a few years. I've been extremely surprised with the durability for this weight class.

ndfb35

FNG
I like everything about them besides the price. I like the lighter GPI to help with FOC at 30.5" of DL but I shoot Easton now because I get them for 125/dz.

JDZ

WKR
I've had good experience with the X-Impact durability with the FOCOS system. I've bent a lot of the FOCOS outserts, but almost all of the time the shaft has survived. Just screw a new outsert on, spin test, and go. If you do wreck a shaft, salvage the FOCOS parts for use on another shaft.

I'm going to try the Snyder Core for hopefully even more durability. Hopefully that will turn out positively.

Great shafts - constant struggles with inserts and outserts. Micro gains just not worth the headaches. If you go this route buy yourself a decent spin testing rig to check them with.

Reactions: Zac

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
I tried them out as I wanted a 200 spined arrow for my 90lb bow. Wasn't overly impressed with durabilty of the shafts, the focs system was decent, but I found the collars bent easy. What I did instead was remove the FOCs system and use some day six inserts I have lying around from my other setup I had checked to see if they fit tossed those on, WOW, is all I will say, they are a very nice arrow with the day six insert setup on them.

That being said, I a sticking to my 250 spine day six arrows and running with them, they area a lot tougher, sure I have broken a few on some bad shots (trying to shoot thru 6" gaps in tree's, etc) and the fletchign catching on one tree sending an arrow sideways into another, they don't usually explode like others but I have had them crack/split the length of the arrow from a sideways impact. They are by far the best/toughest arrow i have used to date, meaning the day six.

Last edited:

CB4

WKR
I just built a dozen a couple weeks ago with the FOCUS system and I am impressed so far. No hunting with them yet.

Syng2015

FNG
Broken a few. I like them, but I don't like the FOCOS system unless you intend to hit wood or cinder blocks. I use standard outserts, but I glue an internal footer, either carbon or a HIT insert.

Zac

WKR
Only durable micros are the thick ones. Deep Impacts, Day6, and Nexus. Of course you have to pair them with quality PITA components. Snyder Core, and Valkyrie.

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
The day six components are very high quality. You don't need the valkyrie/Snyder core system.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

OP
rsiwuda

rsiwuda

Lil-Rokslider
We'll I shot some x impacts with ethics components so far so good on durability. Metal sign, some shed siding and wood. I guess I'll have to add more. And keep testing.

Attachments

• 7129BB98-9EDF-4508-BDF1-90B5F9941D86.jpeg
    7129BB98-9EDF-4508-BDF1-90B5F9941D86.jpeg
    354.1 KB · Views: 29
I love the x impacts. Just don’t use the focos system. I’ve tried 3 different types of glue to hold them in the arrow and have had lots of lost points and broadheads in targets. Definitely go with an ethics or even the victory 95 grain insert/outsert