Black Forest fire.

G Posik

WKR
Curtis,

If there is anything I can do to help let me know. I know I am a long ways from you, just let me know.

Glenn

Randle

WKR
Hope all is ok, My 101 year old Grandma was evacuated out of Canon city.

HockeyDad

Lil-Rokslider
Stay safe down there Justin! Have a few friends who are just west of the fire. It was putting out a ton of smoke last night.

bbrown

WKR
Damn Curtis hope all turns out ok. I am just an hour or 2 north of you and my father in law has plenty of room for your horses if you need.

Keep up the good work Justin - unfortunately it was only a matter of time for these fires with all the high heat and wind with no humidity.

OP
Curtis C

Curtis C

WKR
Thanks Justin, we appreciate the hard work of those fighting this thing.

We are on the south side of the fire. Today it seems to be moving away from our place

Cooverwatch glad you got them moved. I only had 2 and that was a handful.

keep

Lil-Rokslider
Wife just spoke with a friend in the Black Forest area and may be on a run to meet him to bring his horses back here to TX till it all gets under control

Prayers sent for you guys fighting this and those in it's path

Ironman

Lil-Rokslider
Wow, it just hit me that 13 years ago today, we lost everything in the high meadow fire in Colorado.

Thanks guys. Finally got to sleep after working 28 hours strait. Fire is still doing its thing. A type 1 management team is in place and lots of resources ordered so hopefully get a handle on it. Guys I'm with have saved alot of houses. Trying our best!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 83
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

bbrown

WKR
Nice man - Keep up the good work. I am certain it is MUCH appreciated!

On another note I am kinda jealous of some of the stuff you guys get to see behind the lines. I am sure you get to snap some amazing pictures and see even more while you guys are hard at work.

JG358

WKR
Thanks guys. Finally got to sleep after working 28 hours strait. Fire is still doing its thing. A type 1 management team is in place and lots of resources ordered so hopefully get a handle on it. Guys I'm with have saved alot of houses. Trying our best!

Thanks Justin, Be safe!

OP
Curtis C

Curtis C

WKR
Thanks Again Justin.

I just watched a video that showed how the fire crews save a house/structure. It looked like they used very little water. I believe it was recorded by a videographer(SP) for CSFD. Very impressive and enlightening.

I am back at my house tonight. We are a little south of Burgess so the wind has pushed the fire north and away from the neighborhood we live in.

Justin, if the vale shots are they talk to Oliver Walquist he was my college roommate and I haven't heard from him since this fire hit so wouldn't be surprised if he's there. Be safe.

Mike