Black Friday Megathread 2020

NDGuy

WKR
not sure? lol i guess if you spend enough money with them, they give you early access? Email starts by saying "...as one of our best customers, we want to give you first access to the deals!"
Sonofabitch! Haha

Figured as much.

Sonofabitch! Haha

Figured as much.
I upgraded my entire baselayer and outer layer system this last year and probably spent way too much money - i would call the early access to the sale a blessing and a curse.

jasonhul

Lil-Rokslider
Can’t get it to work. I bought their -30 bag half off a few years back and would love another for my son.

Tried it out again on clothes and it works. Must not work on gear. For sure not on anything that is already on sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muddler

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone come across any Howa barreled actions? I'm kicking myself for not picking one up over Labor day when Brownells had them for like $250....I had already spent enough money getting ready for archery season at that point. Also looking for deals on a Savage action

Clarktar

WKR
Anyone come across any Howa barreled actions? I'm kicking myself for not picking one up over Labor day when Brownells had them for like $250....I had already spent enough money getting ready for archery season at that point. Also looking for deals on a Savage action
Let me know if you find anything! I would like to stick one in a XLR

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

renagde

WKR
Can you explain your process for a less than tech savey guy please........
Sure, it's pretty easy.

#1 go to https://www.raise.com/raise-rewards/CKAUFFMAN3835 to create an account and buy giftcards
#2 buy 5 giftcards to Cabelas. I bought $50 ones, the higher the face value, generally the higher the savings. However, keep in mind that Cabelas only lets you redeem 5 giftcards at a shot online which is why I bought the $50 cards. Use discount code FIRST to save an additional $20 off your order.
#3 go to https://www.activejunky.com/invite/1821673 and create a Active Junky account
#4 use the links on the Active Junky website to go to the Cabelas website. This registers a click and your purchase so that Active Junky knows to pay you cashback
#5 Take your 5 cards (lets assume you bought 5-$50 giftcards) and pay for your Cabelas order ($249 + tax)
#6 Pay the balance using your credit card of choice
#7 wait for your inReach Mini to arrive

So my total that I paid to Raise was $209. The total from Cabelas was $249.99 + my state sales tax so about $265. $250 was paid using the giftcards, I paid about $15 on my credit card. Active Junky pays me $24.99 since they offer 10% cashback. So the total on my credit card was $224 but I get $24.99 cashback back from AJ so $199 total for my inReach Mini.

***edited to add that I think I might get $5 or something if you use my referral links. Apparently some people get butt hurt about shirt like that.

Last edited:

Muddler

Lil-Rokslider
Let me know if you find anything! I would like to stick one in a XLR

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Will do. I've been periodically checking Brownell's since September and most of the Howa's have been out of stock. I'm hoping they release a bunch this week with a good discount.

Sure, it's pretty easy.

#1 go to https://www.raise.com/raise-rewards/CKAUFFMAN3835 to create an account and buy giftcards
#2 buy 5 giftcards to Cabelas. I bought $50 ones, the higher the face value, generally the higher the savings. However, keep in mind that Cabelas only lets you redeem 5 giftcards at a shot online which is why I bought the $50 cards. Use discount code FIRST to save an additional $20 off your order.
#3 go to https://www.activejunky.com/invite/1821673 and create a Active Junky account
#4 use the links on the Active Junky website to go to the Cabelas website. This registers a click and your purchase so that Active Junky knows to pay you cashback
#5 Take your 5 cards (lets assume you bought 5-$50 giftcards) and pay for your Cabelas order ($249 + tax)
#6 Pay the balance using your credit card of choice
#7 wait for your inReach Mini to arrive

So my total that I paid to Raise was $209. The total from Cabelas was $249.99 + my state sales tax so about $265. $250 was paid using the giftcards, I paid about $15 on my credit card. Active Junky pays me $24.99 since they offer 10% cashback. So the total on my credit card was $224 but I get $24.99 cashback back from AJ so $199 total for my inReach Mini.

Am I the only one that would rather pay full price than do all that stuff?

packer58

WKR
Thank you Renagde,

I do like saving a buck when i can ......but DAMN......that does seem like a lot to go through for a minimal savings.
Thanks again though for your time explaining the process...