Black Friday Megathread 2020

ReinsuranceShooter

Lil-Rokslider
It is neat how some people can achieve savings ... in some cases it allows them to be able to get something they would not have been able to otherwise get. It is even more awesome that folks are sharing that!

With that said, there are lengths I will not go to... I am fine parking in the open spot I see 75 yds from the store entrance vs circling the lot for 10 mins or worse yet, blocking traffic waiting for a person to approach the car, get loaded and leave ...but hell, throwing on my 4 ways fixes it because that somehow makes me less of a d-bag for only caring about my interests.

NDGuy

WKR
Am I the only one that would rather pay full price than do all that stuff?
Sure it's not a lot of $ in individual purchases. But if you frequently buy from Cabelas, Blackovis, LLBean, etc not using some of those methods is probably costing you $100s or $1000s long term.

It's like the guys arguing against credit cards to get that 1-2% cashback. That shit adds up quick!

GZeus24

Lil-Rokslider
Am I the only one that would rather pay full price than do all that stuff?

I use a lot of these methods. The steps seem like pain when you start but after a while you notice how much you save over time and its well worth it.
Just looking at this deal, that is like 10 minutes of effort sitting at your computer to save $50. Not sure what you are paid per hour but $50 is well worth 10 minutes of my time. If you already have the accounts he mentions then the next time its less than 5 minutes.
Doing these things saves me and a lot of people on here $100s a year - but to each their own, its your money. In addition to AActive Junky, also look at Rakutan and Retail-Me-Not.

caesAR15

Lil-Rokslider
Sure it's not a lot of $ in individual purchases. But if you frequently buy from Cabelas, Blackovis, LLBean, etc not using some of those methods is probably costing you $100s or $1000s long term.

It's like the guys arguing against credit cards to get that 1-2% cashback. That shit adds up quick!

Especially when people slip referral and affiliate tracking URLs into their “deals.“

Have you guys heard about Active Junky?!? Check out this innocent looking, but strangely long link I've provided for everyone...

ChrisAU

WKR
Especially when people slip referral and affiliate tracking URLs into their “deals.“

Have you guys heard about Active Junky?!? Check out this innocent looking, but strangely long link I've provided for everyone...

Can I ask what the perceived downsides are? I got $388 a couple weeks ago from Active Junky. Do I get an extra email from Kuiu or Cabelas every now and then due to increased targeted marketing? I don’t think so, but imagine the horror if I did!

caesAR15

Lil-Rokslider
Can I ask what the perceived downsides are? I got $388 a couple weeks ago from Active Junky. Do I get an extra email from Kuiu or Cabelas every now and then due to increased targeted marketing? I don’t think so, but imagine the horror if I did!

It's not any one post or member that bothers me, and it's certainly not the idea of saving a buck or two that turns me off. Personally, it's the way that Active Junky incentivizes its members to recruit others with things like referral bonuses and whatnot. This leads to A) a lot of noise about AJ on threads like this one, and B) a low-level sense of dishonesty that I feel surrounds so many AJ threads since most of them contain unique tracking URLs that typically benefit the person posting them (but are rarely, if ever, disclosed). Kind of a sin of omission thing, or lack of transparency, if that makes sense.

As I said, it's not you, or the guy I quoted, or any single individual that rubs me the wrong way, I don't begrudge anyone trying to save a buck, I just get sick of the chatter and undisclosed benefits that AJ guys get from that chatter.

TL;DR
Active Junky feels to me like the male version of the multi-level-marketing/pyramid scheme crap my wife's "friends" are always peddling.
/rant

Last edited:

ChrisAU

WKR
It's not any one post or member that bothers me, and it's certainly not the idea of saving a buck or two that turns me off. Personally, it's the way that Active Junky incentivises its members to recruit others with things like referral bonuses and whatnot. This leads to A) a lot of noise about AJ on threads like this one, and B) a low level sense of dishonesty that I feel that surrounds so many AJ threads since most of them contain unique tracking URLs that typically benefit the person posting them (but are almost always never disclosed). Kind of a sin of omission thing, or lack of transparency, if that makes sense.

Like I said, it's not you, or the guy I quoted or any single individual that rubs me the wrong way, I don't begrudge anyone trying to save a buck, I just get sick of the chatter and undisclosed benefits that AJ guys get from that chatter.

TL;DR
Active Junky feels to me like the male version of the multi-level-marketing/pyramid scheme crap my wife's "friends" are always peddling.
/rant

Can’t like a post in the classifieds so I’ll respond anyway and say I agree with your sentiment. I’ve posted 2-3 times about it and I’ve been clear that my link gets me $5 but also gets the new user $5. I’d always quickly dismissed stuff like this, but ever the gear ho I am AJ caught my attention through Kuiu earlier this year. Since then I’ve been a big supporter and have gotten about $700 back total, which is no drop in the pan for me. Hunting gear is already too expensive, anything to help eat away those ridiculous margins helps me!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
SKRE just started their Black Friday Sale. If you have ever wanted to try our gear or had questions about it, now is the time. This is the biggest sale of the year. All items are 20% - 50% off including all bundles at 25% off. Check it out at www.skregear.com.1606274932388.png

NDGuy

WKR
TL;DR
/rant
Lol to an extent for sure. Except most of those are begging you to buy shit you don't need. And the person peddling get's a level up or whatever by hitting x amount. Like Chris pointed out we'd get $5 for a referral if they spend $25 after joining. That's it, nothing else.

If I am choosing to buy something from Blackovis, Bass Pro, LLBean etc I will use activejunky because it's easy and doesn't really have a downside.

GZeus24

Lil-Rokslider
Can’t like a post in the classifieds so I’ll respond anyway and say I agree with your sentiment. I’ve posted 2-3 times about it and I’ve been clear that my link gets me $5 but also gets the new user $5. I’d always quickly dismissed stuff like this, but ever the gear ho I am AJ caught my attention through Kuiu earlier this year. Since then I’ve been a big supporter and have gotten about $700 back total, which is no drop in the pan for me. Hunting gear is already too expensive, anything to help eat away those ridiculous margins helps me!
I'll tell you how I use it so maybe some folks who are unsure or think its some kid of scam can find some value in it.

I shop where I am going to shop. I may find a deal in a post here or I may just be after something I need. I drop it in my cart and then I go looking to see if I can sweeten it with coupons or cashback. I'm already 90% to buying it - I'm just looking to make it cheaper. Saving an extra 5% at Blackovis on a new pair of Crispi that I was already going to buy at 20% off is sweet. That's better than $15 extra saved for doing nothing but clicking.

It probably seems like the way some of us mention it on posts that we have a stake in you using it. Speaking for myself, I don't. It saves me money. I tell others cause most people like to save money. To each their own.

Not a huge vortex guy myself but this optic always gets good reviews and seems like a solid deal. Scheels is also a great company.

Thanks! I almost bought the standard diamond back for $199 for coyote gun, but got the HP instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrewPNW

FNG
So did I miss the boat on Kuiu? I have my finger hovering over a pack purchase (they didn’t have their Pro Packs on sale during the 11/11-16 sale anyway) but wanted to see if they’d do anything for Black Friday.

Whisky

WKR
Thank you to the person who posted about Triggertech. That is one down.

Im curious if and where there would be deals on:
Area 419 Hellfire brake
Hawkins BDL metal
Atlas bipods

Just posted this in case someone comes across something. Thanks

Sevens

WKR

Area 419 Hellfire brake
Hawkins BDL metal
Atlas bipods

Your Black Friday shopping list looks like mine!

Grayboe Stocks has 20% off right now for Black Friday.

Whisky

WKR
Your Black Friday shopping list looks like mine!

Grayboe Stocks has 20% off right now for Black Friday.
Lol, I just ordered an Allterra Arms Carbon Hunter yesterday, along with an Anti Defiance. COMPLETELY forgetting about Black Friday.
I'll definitely feel like a dumbass if they are 15-20% off tomorrow or Friday.

Smenning

Lil-Rokslider

Area 419 Hellfire brake
Hawkins BDL metal
Atlas bipods

For brakes

brisket

Lil-Rokslider

Area 419 Hellfire brake
Hawkins BDL metal
Atlas bipods

Blem atlas bipod on sale