Black Gold Ascent Setup

Getting my bow back from the bow shop this week and they are mounting my new black gold ascent assault 5 pin. I have watched several videos on sighting it in and getting the sight tape dialed in. Anyone have any experience they could share or maybe just a pointer? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SWOHTR

WKR
For initial guesstimation on my sight tape, I held my Old 5-pin sight Up to the tapes and selected the one that matched the closest. I do not have access to a chrono.

I did not find the chronograph velocity very helpful with my Ascent setup. I needed to go several tapes higher FPS than the chrono reading. Use your old sight as the base or make a markup on a blank. The further you can shoot the tape the better in my experience.

BowhuntingBrune3

Lil-Rokslider
Personally I shoot in 50 which is my bottom pin and floater and then put a blank piece of paper the sticky part of a post it note works great and then shoot in 60, 70, 80, 90, 100. Then match that up as close as possible with a sight tape. I agree with chrono though my arrow speed through a chrono is not even close to what sight tape i used.

I have the same sight. Make sure the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd axis is set correctly before anything. I dont know if most shops will do that for you. YouTube is great to learn how to do it. After you get each of your 5 pins set for the yardages you want it’s time to find the sight tape. I use blank sticky shipping labels. I start with my wheel of death flush with the housing. Not dialed all the way up. My bottom pin is sighted in for 60 yds. So with the blank label on I mark the label where the red pointer is at 60. Then I dial the sight up where I think the bottom pin will be at 20. Shoot until your bottom pin Is shooting right on at 20 and make your second top mark on the label where the red pointer is. Now you can use that 20-60 yard spacing shipping label to find the sight tape that lines up best with the marks you made at 20-60. Again YouTube will clear this up. Good luck! I love my sight.

Reactions: Zac

MT257

WKR
put your bottom pin as close to the level bubble as you can stand, it will end giving you a little more yardage or vane clearance.