Black Gold Pin's

Bldtralr

Lil-Rokslider
Question for the Black Gold shooters. Which pin combo set up do you have ? And what pin's are the brightest in low light ? Thinking of going with a 5-pin Green-Red-Green- Yellow -Green

DudeBro

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 3 pin. Green-red-yellow. First, they're all pretty darn bright. I think the yellow is the brightest, but yellow and green are very close. To me, red is the least bright next to the others, but it's still bright. With that said, I have a little bit of difficulty with red-green color vision.

Most people say red fades first in low light, some say next to fade is yellow, then green. S&S says red is most susceptible to halo. So, I think there's pretty good consensus red is the least bright. It's close between yellow and green - depends on your eyes.

Whatever you go with, you can buy new pins (either .19 or .10) for $17.95. https://shop.blackgoldsights.com/collections/accessories/products/extra-pins

stonewall

WKR
Mine are: .19green,.19yellow,.1red,.1yellow,.1green

I see green best. Yellow second. Red is my 40 and it’s difficult in low light. It does halo as stated above

Mine came green, green, amber (yellow), green, green. Having a contrast color in the middle helps split the sights well. I did not pick the color combo, that is just how it came from the bow shop install, and both colors seem about the same to me for brightness.

87TT

WKR
Green .19, yellow .19, green .19, yellow .10, green .10
Hate red. Hard too see in low light and starbursts (halo) in bright.

cnelk

WKR
It’s been well documented that as you age green pins are easier to see.

I can attest to that.

OP
Bldtralr

Bldtralr

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the reply's this is why I'm asking as posted on another site

OP
Bldtralr

Bldtralr

Lil-Rokslider
So I've done the searches and asked a few people but I'm looking for some input before I drop the 300 bones. Anybody on here shooting this sight ? Pro's vs Con's. I've been shooting my trusty and reliable old Truglo 7 pin fixed forever and it has been a great sight but it's time for a slider I've been shooting with a buddy that has this sight and it is nothing short of incredible. His set up is the Verdict 4 pin with 2 indicators so he's using his top pin for a floater out to 55 and his bottom pin is also a floater out to 100 ++ . And he also can "dial of death" it up to the top and lock it down for a fixed pin set up of 20,30, 40,50 kind of like a hybrid sight best of both worlds. So i know it's been covered but kinda wondering best pin colors and if anyone has there's set up like this
???
As always thx for your input, Mike
This is the set up I'm thinkin.

Assault Verdict 5 pin dual indicator custom set up by S&S archery. Rob is a great guy to deal with.
1st pin 019 - Green- Floater
2nd 019- Red
3rd 019- Green
4th 019-Yellow
5th pin 019 Green- Floater 20 yd - 60 yd fixed Pins for hunting Top pin floater 20 -55 yrds Bottom pin floater 60 to 100 + for 3-D shoots

Oh and not really interested on any other sights but the black gold and there best pin colors. Thanks

ShakeDown

WKR
I had starbursting with red so I swapped that for a .10 green.

.19 Green, .10 Green floater, .19 yellow

TSAMP

WKR
X2 on green yellow green. You need contrast between pins but red is just not worth it as stated above. Consider ur peep size. Standard vs big dog housing. I run a 1/4" peep and standard housing was to small for me.

I run the single pin slider. Green .10 I’ve shot with one single pin for decades. Long before sliders were even made. It works best for me setting it at 35 yds and leaving it. The only time I move it is for shots past 45. I honestly don’t shoot at animals past 50 yards even though I easily can. I move it more for fun shooting longer ranges when I practice.

GRYRG. Red are odd yardages, 30 and 50. Green and yellow are even 20 40 and 60. With the single yellow in the middle. Bottom slider pin green. It all makes it easy for me to find the right pin. It’s less about which color and more about using the right one. Bunch of greens and you’re counting pins as part of the shot process. The way I have it, I acquire the correct pin, almost instinct at this point I’ve been shooting that combo so long.

Top 3 are .019, bottom 2 .010.

OP
Bldtralr

Bldtralr

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks everyone Kind of worried about the red now but looks like a lot of people don't have any issues . Anyone know if the red pro pins halo ? May have to look into those and give up the micro windage and elevation for the pro pins because I really don't need micro pin adjustment too much going on.

OP
Bldtralr

Bldtralr

Lil-Rokslider
GRYRG. Red are odd yardages, 30 and 50. Green and yellow are even 20 40 and 60. With the single yellow in the middle. Bottom slider pin green. It all makes it easy for me to find the right pin. It’s less about which color and more about using the right one. Bunch of greens and you’re counting pins as part of the shot process. The way I have it, I acquire the correct pin, almost instinct at this point I’ve been shooting that combo so long.

Top 3 are .019, bottom 2 .010.
I like this set up similar to my 7 pin GRYRGYG

elkguide

WKR
Guess that I'm the odd man out here but my "maturing" eyes don't see yellow pins as well.
I use a .19 pin set up in G,R,G,R,G. I haven't noticed the red halo that lots of others see but the green pins do last longer in the fading light. With the red pins between, I know my spacing and that lets me extend my shooting times.