Black Gold Pro Sight Custom Review

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I've decided to upgrade the sight on my Hoyt RX3 for this season. My current sight is the Black Gold Ascent Verdict which has worked well for me but the Black Gold Pro Sight will be a nice upgrade. A while back I went to S&S Archery and used their custom build tool to choose all the options I wanted on my new sight.

Black Gold Pro Sight Custom Order.JPG

The current wait time for a custom sight is about 1-2 months and is always displayed on the S&S Archery order page.

I was excited to see mine on the porch when I got home from work today and can't wait to get it installed and sighted in. As always, let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer.

I've decided to upgrade the sight on my Hoyt RX3 for this season. My current sight is the Black Gold Ascent Verdict which has worked well for me but the Black Gold Pro Sight will be a nice upgrade. A while back I went to S&S Archery and used their custom build tool to choose all the options I wanted on my new sight.

View attachment 268202

The current wait time for a custom sight is about 1-2 months and is always displayed on the S&S Archery order page.

I was excited to see mine on the porch when I got home from work today and can't wait to get it installed and sighted in. As always, let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer.
what was your actual time between ordering and receiving it? Usually places give themselves a little extra time

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I was able to run out to Mays Custom Archery yesterday and get some professional assistance getting my sight properly set up. Everything was easy to adjust and Mike had it ready to sight-in in less than 30 minutes. Most guys would probably do it all themselves but I'm no bow expert and I didn't want to start off with something incorrect. My son is shooting a new bow this year and he was able to get it set up and paper tuned as well.

Today we hit the flat range at our local archery club to start setting our pins. The Black Gold Pro Sight adjusts pretty easy but there are a lot of moving pieces so I highly recommend reading the manual and watching some videos before you start. I did that and had no problems getting my 20-yard pin set and starting to dial in my 60 as well.

I plan to get the rest of the pins set this week then we have a fun 3D shoot next Sunday.

20210228_110622.jpg

20210228_110746.jpg

20210228_112006.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I was able to get my pins set from 20 to 60 yards this week and put my tape on as well. My son and I are heading out for a fun 3D shoot this morning so I should have a pretty good idea if I picked the right one.

30 yards...

20210303_163318.jpg

50 yards....

20210303_162903.jpg

60 yards.... I guess I should have cropped this one so I looked more like a pro.... haha!

20210303_162018.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
My son and I hit the range for some practice today. The Black Gold Pro Sight continues to impress me. At this point, I can't find anything I don't like. The dual indicators allow me to dial every shot for precise aiming while the five pins allow me the option to shoot quickly without dialing from 0-60 yards.

20210502_123955.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
The Black Gold Pro Sight is still working great. I still can't find anything I don't like about it.

20210815_071056.jpg

20210815_074508.jpg

4fletch

Lil-Rokslider
Great shooting! My next bow im going to set up with an adjustable again from Black gold. I love black gold sights. Ive got a Rush i added a pin on. The guy at the pro shop dropped it on the floor twice, i dropped it once on concrete. Make sure you loosen the right bolt, lol. It bounced like a ball and had zero damage. That pretty much made me a customer for life.

I hear the slider portion now has some plastic in it? I’d love to upgrade to the dual indicator but mine is 6 or 7 years old and all metal.