Black Ovis/camofire = A++

Just figured I would share a bit of story about this company/companies. I’ve been in the market for a pair of boots for my first elk hunt this fall. I finally settled on the Crispi Colorado as I tried them on locally except they were a half size too small. I knew my correct size would be perfect. I looked on BO and when I did I received an email from them with a 10% off coupon. The boots were already $20 cheaper than locally.
I was a bit concerned about ordering them online because of returns if for some reason the size wasn’t quite right, etc., so I contacted BO. A gentleman got back to me and explained the return policy. Then he told me to call him directly and he could get me a great price on them. So, I gave him a call and after being on hold for about 5 minutes he picked up and we talked about the boots and the deal. I explained to him I had a 10% coupon and could buy them for 315. He said that’s not bad but I can give you the boots for 279 to your door, free shipping. I was floored and ordered immediately.
I never ordered from either BO or camofire but if these show up in a timely manner, they just earned themselves a permanent customer. Not only was the price killer, but they were pleasant and great to deal with on the phone. I was going to just buy locally because I’m a big advocate of taking care of the small local businesses but I couldn’t justify the $125 price difference to buy local.
Hats off to black ovis and camofire. They seem like a legit, real deal company.

Brillo

FNG
This is an interesting era for retail in the USA and your antidote illustrates an ongoing transition to internet relationships as our main avenue of information and purchases of all types. Houses, cars, industrial products and hunting boots that have traditionally been purchased face to face are changing and changed. Covid was a a factor but the trend was already established. I know your post seems intended to be an endorsement of Black Ovis, which I have also purchased from, but the implications for all of us are much deeper than that.

It's difficult not to save money, but when someone has a brick and mortar store that I travel to so I can look at and try a product, I usually spend the money with them.

I do spend money with Black Ovis and Camofire. I have had great customer service from them.

@ktowncamo does a lot for this site. I don't hesitate to support his businesses. I just don't want to loose my local brick and mortar stores either.

Things are changing and I feel like as consumers we need to figure out how to keep things going, just like buying american made, I sometimes choose to pay more to support local.

OP
M
Yeah, I don't like to crap on my local businesses and I will always spend extra within reason to give them the business. But like I said, when it got into the 100 dollar range of savings... well I couldn't not take it. I have to buy another pair of heavy boots for whitetail hunting and will buy locally for sure. Just these boots, being so expensive and a big part of my budget for this trip, I had to take the savings.

ThisIsMyHandle

Lil-Rokslider
Camofire had my pack on sale 5 days before I bought it. I emailed them and asked when it would be up again. They emailed me back about a hour later asking what my size and the color I wanted. Told him, he said BO had it in stock and he could get it for me for the camofire price which was $135 off the regular price. I got my pack a week later. I’ve since ordered more stuff from BO but I check camofire everyday for their deals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk