Black Ovis game bags

neverquit

WKR
I've been seeing these on camo Fire. I've been wondering is they are worth a darn. Any one have them or use them

twall13

WKR
I was wondering the same thing. I thought it was interesting that they came out with them right after the 'recall' on the T.A.G. bags. The description on Camofire never tells what the fabric is made from, though I'd assume it's a good synthetic like T.A.G. or Caribou uses. Hopefully someone will chime in with some details/experience.

OP
neverquit

neverquit

WKR
I was also hoping it's a branded tag or caribou. But I'd settle for some one who has arleast touched them

OP
neverquit

neverquit

WKR
Update

I emailed them. This was the response.

"we actually have them manufactured ourselves. There isn't a third party company that is building them. Let us know if you're interested in purchasing some."

I guess I'll just buy a set and see for my self

OP
neverquit

neverquit

WKR
Not exactly. I referred to them as synthetic in my email and they didn't correct me.

ut1031

FNG
These bags are very similar to the TAG and Caribou bags. Very nice, machine washable, durable........

OP
neverquit

neverquit

WKR
With out actually using them to carry meat..... They feel very nice.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I use and like caribou bags (sturdy, washout well, wring out water quick and dry fast. The reflectors are just a bonus and useful in the dark). I was tempted by the black ovis camofire ones but didn't really care for the size of them otherwise I'd have considered buying some extras.

krossh

Lil-Rokslider
so what's the verdict on these things? They're on Camofire right now..

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Just an FYI,
I will be testing the Black Ovis bags this fall on a wide variety of differant hunts across the west. I will do a write up and let everyone know how they worked for me after I get back home!
I leave in ten days and should be back mid October!

lkwoolsey

WKR
I bought a set of their Large ones...going to purchase the XL next time their on camofire. They are made of Taslan Nylon (according to the black ovis site.) They seem durable enough, and feel like they'll hold up well. Guess we'll find out here in a few weeks!

CarlTuesday

Lil-Rokslider
Just used a portion of a set for caribou ribs (bone-in) plus the ground and "good stuff bag". Comparable to the TAG bags I used for Quarters, although since had to keep bone in and one of the shoulders was shattered by bullet, those had to deal with a bit more sharp pokey bits.

Either way, all held up fine to hanging in low willows/scraping thru brush at night to let hang. Will update after I wash all of em and see how they do with that.

jspradley

WKR
Make sure you wash them before using them...they reek like formaldehyde. They seem well made though..too bad mine were just dead weight in my pack!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk