Black Ovis game bags

Tango1

Lil-Rokslider
I just used them to pack out a MT bull. (first archery elk!) I thought the quality was great, easy to handle, the reflective orange was helpful and they washed nicely. The shape/structure was a great fit for packing out on the MR Pintler pack frame. I've used other bags that were almost too roomy and "square shaped" allowing the meat to ooze out between the overload pack straps. Weather was cool and rainy so no real spoilage issues, but they did seem to breath well. Agreed on the wash before use suggestion, they did have a plastic-like smell to them when new. They come in a nice pouch that allows room for other kill kit items.

Whodat78

FNG
We have packed two sheep, a caribou and smaller parts of a moose in these bags so far this season. They are very similar to the caribou bags. I have soaked and washed them multiple times in the last six or so weeks and they hold up really well. They worked great and will be going to Kodiak with me in a few weeks!

Bfcayson

FNG
View attachment 41160

threw them in the wash and clean as a whistle. liked them a whole lot, used on two bulls this past september. Only minor suggestion is that the cinch clamp drawstrings are fairly weak and i caught myself re tightening the drawstrings after meat was shifting around.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
My partner has these they seem ok but my tag bags seem to breath better

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

W.D. Crawford

Lil-Rokslider
Here's my experience, they clean up real well, the issue I had if you want to call it that is the drawstring doesn't completely cinch down, there is a small gap that flies could still get in. However you can take a short piece of para cord and tie off the top. Other than that I like em.

lkwoolsey

WKR
Great product, was able to use them a lot this year. Very tough, lightweight, and all the stains came right out. Protected my meat very well against dirt, bugs, and other unwanted debris.

We used these on two bull elk this year. They bags worked good and cleaned up well. The XL is sized so that a good portion of the lower leg is not covered by the bag on a bone in elk quarter. I ended up losing one of theses bags and a quarter to a grizzly this year so it was nice to see that camofire is offering these bags as singles also.

I used the L set on a big Whitetail, and It wouldn't cover part of the bone in rear leg. I'm guessing they're made for deboned meat.

I used these bags for Antelope and they worked really well. They keep the meat cool and they cleaned up really well. I purchased the XL's for a possible upcoming Elk hunt this year.

Don't forget to also look at Citric Acid Powder. This helps a lot with flies, which is a problem for the Nevada hunters, especially in August and September.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
They started making those Black Ovis bags right after our recall on TAG Bags, yes...because I wouldn't sell them enough volume to support their growing demand.

In the big picture they are synthetic game bags, which are superior to cotton choices. The only difference, really, is whether you buy them from a follower or a leader of that market. Example: If i make a change, Black Ovis and Caribou gear respond by offering something similar to capture the market with least amount of mental or R&D investment. It's a winning formula, and commonplace to many companies.

I don't like their practices with other companies either because they've done (and will do) the same to others. I wont sell them bags now at all, just out of basic principle.

But i think their bags are high enough quality to feel vindicated about their mooching entrepreneurial spirit. If they were copy cats and their bags sucked, they wouldn't be around long. Hope this helps...

lb