Black Ovis Meat Bags

muddydogs

WKR
There was something posted about them yesterday and a couple guys said the XL didn't cover the whole leg of a bone in elk quarter. I compared sizes of the Ovis bags to the Tag and Caribou bags, the Ovis bags are narrower and quit a bit shorter then the other two bags. Ovis claims there XL bags will handle an elk quarter but I'm thinking there talking a boned quarter and not a bone in quarter, kind of think your better off spending money on Tag or Caribou bags if your looking for bone in bags.

muddydogs

WKR
Black Ovis has them on Camofire every once and a while is why I was asking.
Thanks

I saw them on Camofire as well and was wondering the same things. Did a couple quick searches to see what others thought and found the info I found. Not sure why I even care as I have used the knitted poly Elk Bag sold by Dickson for years with zero problems. Cost $9 a four pack so there cheap enough that I cut them off the quarter when it comes time to process the meat and I don't have to worry about washing them. Never had a problem with dirt or bugs getting to the meat and never had one tear but of course right from the get go I realized the bag wasn't meant to support the weight of the quarter so when I hang the quarter in the bag I tie the rope around the leg not just the bag. The nylon bags are cool but I just took stock and found I have 7 5 bag kill kits made up with the knitted bags plus an unopened 4 pack so I have plenty of bags.

MtnMuley

WKR
I've used the Tags for years and been very happy. I've picked up several sets of the Black Ovis bags at the Camofire discount for friends and to have a couple back up sets. Very pleased with them as well. I only buy the XLs in the BO bags.