Black ovis pants

NoRush24

Lil-Rokslider
Large branding also made them a tough sell for me. Have seen some people wearing them around and they look very quality, and the price in Camofire is hard to beat. Although pranas go on sale on amazon occasionally.

I'm just starting to get into "technical" hunting clothes. Do you tend to order pants with an inseam similar to your jeans or to your dress pants? I tend to wear 34x34 in jeans and 34x32 in dress pants. I am asking because of wearing boots with hunting pants and most of my current hunting pants are just size large.
I’d go closer to your day to day fit than dress pants

Truecoastie

Lil-Rokslider
I'm just starting to get into "technical" hunting clothes. Do you tend to order pants with an inseam similar to your jeans or to your dress pants? I tend to wear 34x34 in jeans and 34x32 in dress pants. I am asking because of wearing boots with hunting pants and most of my current hunting pants are just size large.
I order the same size. I dont like my pants dragging on the ground when I'm walking through the woods!

jeg9792

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a couple pair when they were on camifire. Definitely tighter in the butt and thighs than I wanted, but I think they will work well for early season. They feel very similar to Prana Zions imo. They ran very try to size for me. If you have big legs or butt they probably wouldn’t work for you

jljordan41

Lil-Rokslider
I just received my pair of granite peak midweight pants. I really like the material. They are polyester but they arent brushed, which I really like. The 4 way flex is awesome but they are tight in the butt and thighs. I'm a size 34 waist but these pants are pretty damn tight in the butt area, but that's a problem for me with most pants. I like the cut in the crotch, not shallow like most pants these days. I am going to size up and see how well the 36s fit. I do really like the pocket layout and the material is very quiet.

Late to the party but what is your opinion on the 36s. I normally wear 34x34 but can't find a pant with enough ass and thighs for me. I've returned 3 types of kuius and a pair of Stone Glaciers so far

Do these compare to Kuiu attack pants at all? I started a thread before seeing this one. Attacks are some of the most durable pants I've ever purchased - I put them through hell at work but at $140 a pop it's tough to justify. Anybody have experience with both?

2blade

WKR
Do these compare to Kuiu attack pants at all? I started a thread before seeing this one. Attacks are some of the most durable pants I've ever purchased - I put them through hell at work but at $140 a pop it's tough to justify. Anybody have experience with both?

I don't have any experience with the light weight version but the medium weight is a lighter/thinner material than the attacks. They run an inch small in the waist, 32's fit my 31" waist perfectly. Length was fine. They seem well built but at the end of the day I sent them back so I can't comment on longevity.

Jr1282

FNG
Does anybody know anything or have an opinion about black ovis pants?
Not sure what other peoples experience is but I bought a pair last year and really like them. They stretch nicely, seem pretty durable, and are pretty water resistant. I even crossed a river with them and was dry 15 minutes later.

Woodmo

FNG
After reading other comments, I’m nervous to order them. They are on camofire now and was hoping to hear a different story.

MTNHUNTER76

Lil-Rokslider
I just got some of the desolation pants off camofire. I'm 6'2 245 athletic build. Typically wear a 38" waist due to thighs/glutes. I bought a 40" waist. Pants are snug
At thighs but could still fit a base layer. I'd say they run on the small side. Good stretch and feel. Yet to hunt in them. If they hold up I think they'll be a good buy.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Harvey_NW

WKR
I have a pair of the lightweight Black Ovis pants that I wore for shed hunting so I wouldn't tear up my attacks. They are pretty breathable lightweight material and stretch, athletic fit similar to the attacks but tighter in the boot cuff area. In the end I found they get get snag frays pretty easily, and the seam in the crotch area blew out after a year. For the price tag they served well, I would say the lightweight would be a better suited trail hiking type pant. I've got a pair of attacks still holding together with about 7 seasons under the belt that I keep as a backup pair, so the cost gets unfavored quickly. My wife got me a new pair of attacks for sheds this year and I forgot how amazing the side zips are, I'll never go without again.