Black ovis pants

TBHasler

WKR
Yes, have 2 pair. Love em. Pretty lightweight and well built with 4 way stretch, gussetted crotch, good buttons/zippers. They are very comparable to Sitka ascent pants with 3 exceptions...$120 cheaper (good), no knee pad option (good/bad), take quite a bit longer to dry out (bad).
For the price vs design vs quality equation, I like them quite a bit. These are summer and early season weight (12 oz). My son just ordered the mid weight version (15 oz) so I’ll be able to compare the difference shortly.

OP
Wireman07

Wireman07

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, have 2 pair. Love em. Pretty lightweight and well built with 4 way stretch, gussetted crotch, good buttons/zippers. They are very comparable to Sitka ascent pants with 3 exceptions...$120 cheaper (good), no knee pad option (good/bad), take quite a bit longer to dry out (bad).
For the price vs design vs quality equation, I like them quite a bit. These are summer and early season weight (12 oz). My son just ordered the mid weight version (15 oz) so I’ll be able to compare the difference shortly.
Wow, thanks for the feed back! Sounds like a great pant. It will be nice to purchase 2 pairs of pants for the price of 1 pair of sitka or kuiu!

2blade

WKR

I'm interested in the midweight pant. Any idea how they compare to Kuiu Attacksl? Is the weight of the material similar?

Trial153

WKR
Iif the logo wasnt a bit much for me i would grab a couple pairs.

TBHasler

WKR
Iif the logo wasnt a bit much for me i would grab a couple pairs.

Yeh, agreed. Makes wearing them casually a little tougher, but they are still great for the outdoors...maybe just not where you'll run into lots of folks or care what you look like.

TygerJ

FNG
Bought both the cottonwood (lightweight) and granite peak (mid weight) off camofire last year when they first came out. Price and concept make them really intriguing.

Both pants are decent. Stretchy, comfy, decent water repellency. Definitely not waterproof nor provide any insulation. Midweight is just a tad heavier fabric. Definitely wouldn’t say they’re bombproof, but not fragile either. Fit-wise, they have a close tapered cut.

After a handful of uses, the seam on the ass of the granite peak pants split one morning during archery elk. By no means were the pants put through the ringer. Actually pretty funny that they split; provided a nice venting effect.

Contacted blackovis/camofire about the issue. Sent them in, they credited back the cost. Not a single issue with returning them. I appreciated BO standing behind their product and giving my money back.

I haven’t used that credit to buy a new replacement pair of granite peaks.

Still have the cottonwood pair.

If you read through the reviews of both pants on black ovis, it sounds like other guys also have experienced some seam issues.

Compared to the kuiu attack pants, attacks are just a notably more quality product...but at a much higher price.

Really hope BlackOvis can get (or since has gotten)the quality issues sorted out on these pants. Their pricing is surely attractive; but not if they are a liability to blow out after minimal use.

toddg

FNG
I have a pair and for the price point I feel they are a good. As previously mentioned, decent water repellency but definitely not waterproof.

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
Wow, thanks for the feed back! Sounds like a great pant. It will be nice to purchase 2 pairs of pants for the price of 1 pair of sitka or kuiu!
This is our first time making pants like these and we really appreciate the questions and the feedback. We are striving to make good pants that everyone can use. Price point and durability being key components as well as practical usage of the pants in our every day life. We realize we are not perfect and have not perfected the pants. But we are striving to get better. And the feedback and reviews are heard to improve our product. Please feel free to give us a call anytime and we would be happy to answer questions or work to resolve any issues you may have with your pants. In the meantime I highly recommend sizing up, if you normally wear a 32 inch waist go up to a 34 waist.

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
I'm interested in the midweight pant. Any idea how they compare to Kuiu Attacksl? Is the weight of the material similar?
They are fairly similar. They are a little heavier and inside material is different but both great pants. This is our first time making pants, so we are taking the feedback and working to improve them. For the time being I highly recommend sizing up in the waist two inches. Feel free to call in anytime and we would be happy to answer any questions you have.

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
Bought both the cottonwood (lightweight) and granite peak (mid weight) off camofire last year when they first came out. Price and concept make them really intriguing.

Both pants are decent. Stretchy, comfy, decent water repellency. Definitely not waterproof nor provide any insulation. Midweight is just a tad heavier fabric. Definitely wouldn’t say they’re bombproof, but not fragile either. Fit-wise, they have a close tapered cut.

After a handful of uses, the seam on the ass of the granite peak pants split one morning during archery elk. By no means were the pants put through the ringer. Actually pretty funny that they split; provided a nice venting effect.

Contacted blackovis/camofire about the issue. Sent them in, they credited back the cost. Not a single issue with returning them. I appreciated BO standing behind their product and giving my money back.

I haven’t used that credit to buy a new replacement pair of granite peaks.

Still have the cottonwood pair.

If you read through the reviews of both pants on black ovis, it sounds like other guys also have experienced some seam issues.

Compared to the kuiu attack pants, attacks are just a notably more quality product...but at a much higher price.

Really hope BlackOvis can get (or since has gotten)the quality issues sorted out on these pants. Their pricing is surely attractive; but not if they are a liability to blow out after minimal use.
Thank you for the extensive and really great review and feedback not only of our pant but of our team as well. This is the first attempt at making pants. We want a good pant for the outdoors and everyday use. We stand behind our products and are willing to work with folks. We understand things happen and try to take ever experience on a case by case basis to find a resolution to help our fellow hunters. But if you give us a call and send pictures we can see what we can do.

We are taking the feedback and reviews seriously and working to resolve the issues some folks have experienced. If you do have an issue as I mentioned please call in or email in and we will take it case by case to find a resolution.

We do recommend sizing up two inches in the waist from what you normally wear to not strain that seam in the crotch.

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
I honestly cant tell from the picture how its applied? Sewed on? Embroidery? Screen printed?
Thanks for the question. All the logo's and brand names on our pants are stitched in. Give us a call if you have questions.