Black Ovis Trailhead Fleece

Anybody get one yet? Looks like a decent mid-layer, curious to know how it stacks up in warmth and breathability

I have one that should be delivered tomorrow. Depending on the mood of the FedEx driver. I’ll post up my thoughts when I get it. I’ve kinda turned into a jacket/hoody whore this season.

OP
P
Ha, as long as you didn't ship with USPS I am sure you will get it sooner or later! Ended up ordering one this afternoon as well, Curious to see if it will be a solid hunting layer or it will end up being a casual piece.

Ha, as long as you didn't ship with USPS I am sure you will get it sooner or later! Ended up ordering one this afternoon as well, Curious to see if it will be a solid hunting layer or it will end up being a casual piece.
I bought it more for a casual/gym/daily piece. I already have my hunting clothing pretty well set. If I’m going to wear a mid layer of that weight while hunting, it’s going to be an Atom LT.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
It’s a nice piece. Little tight across the back of the shoulders though. . Wont make the list for hunting but it’s a nice lightweight fleece for everyday use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received mine today. Initial impression.....I’m not impressed. Seems like any other hoody you’d find at sams or Costco.....and it cost significantly more. Hood doesn’t fit my head/body right. Cut is boxy through out. That’s fine if you are heavy around the mid section, but I’m not. Face fabric feels stiff/cheap. Inner lining is not what I expected. Was hoping for a more plush fleece lining. I’ll return mine (XL in ash black) or pass it along in the classifieds. For comparison, the Outdoor Research Georgetown Hoody or even the Trail Mix Hoody are much nicer options. More money on both, but much nicer.

I have one...it’s mehhh.

Haven't worn it in bad weather or while being active so can’t speak to that. It does fit kind of small around the chest. Not enough to bother me, but if you’re muscular/broad chested, it probably wouldn’t fit well.

OP
P
Yep, mine arrived Saturday, would agree with others above, not a backpacking piece but an ok around town hoody.

Drenalin

WKR
I just got mine yesterday, have been wearing it all day today. The thing about it I find extremely annoying is how it grabs onto what you're wearing under it. Other than that, I like the outer material, the pockets, and the fit. I'd say it's worth the $55 they go for on Camofire, but I could see using it on some colder weather hikes over a base layer.