Black powder set up for a 10 year old girl

ttltown

WKR
My almost 10 year old daughter wants to hunt deer like her brothers. She'll be 10 in a month and only option at that point is a black powder season here in MN. I frankly know nothing about black powder guns but purchased a 50 cal modern muzzleloader...traditions xt. I've not yet looked into anything but I assume there are different charges and a multitude of bullets to choose from. My concern is kick. Realistically if she shooting anything it'll be like 30 yards. Any info on setup would be appreciated!

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

Lowg08

WKR
I’d just shoot 100gr with power belt aero lite. It’s what I let my boy shoot. You sight it in and let her shoot it enough to get comfortable.

Last edited:

go_deep

WKR
When my son was 10 he shot his first deer at 80 yards with 100 grains of 50/50 triple seven pellets and a TC Encore sabot. He was very small and had zero problems with kick. Generally the barrels are heavy on muzzle loaders helping reduce the recoil.
Good luck!

dubllung4

FNG
Blackhorn and Barnes 250grain expander. Skip the powerbelts. No more than 80 grains by volume BH209. Start her off at 50-60 grains to get her comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich M

WKR
60 gr powder, light sabot, mild primer

If you need pellets - shoot 2 30 gr pellets.

Should be good to go. Keep her inside 100 yards and let her shoot a deer.