Black Rifle Coffee Company

It’s great stuff however for me it’s a lot like MTN Ops, Wilderness Athlete,etc.. all good stuff however there is a good deal of marketing involved that quite possibly “encourages” us to buy over better stuff?

Love where the proceeds go and how all these companies support what we love and believe in. But Id agree it’s a little high in terms of Price to Quality ratio. Still love me a good cup of AK espresso!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MoySan

FNG
Love BRCC, had my first cup overseas. I use their subscription service and get a bag a month.

Prefer their Beyond Black roast

JordanAdams

Lil-Rokslider
Any comparisons to Dark Timber?

For convenience we drink Dark Timber on our hunts but we do BRCC (Freedom Roast) at home otherwise. I'm not the biggest straight up black coffee fan but Dark Timber and Black Rifle are the only two companies that I've found where i can drink their coffee black and not either dislike the taste completely or be "cleaned out" in seconds by it. As for taste, Dark Timber has a hint more of a bold roasted flavor to it as well as a little more of an acidic taste on the tongue. Black rifle is a tad bit smoother with a more tame all around flavor profile, depending on the brew of course. I'm basing this off of the Freedom Roast from Black Rifle.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any comparisons to Dark Timber?

They're both dang good. I think taste wise is just going to depend on what flavor you get from BR. We like the Freedom Roast from them. I do prefer DT coffee pouches on the mountain over the BR instants. The BR is pretty bold for me but that's seriously being extremely picky. I believe both are better than via's and definitely support better things. What has been awesome for us with Black Rifle is the subscription and not having to think about ordering it. We live pretty much in the middle of nothing so we can't just run to the store for coffee.

I ordered some on Black Friday to try. It's good coffee, but I just can't justify the cost. Eight O'Clock coffee is 1/3 the price and tastes just as good, in my opinion. I can't stomach throwing my money away on expensive coffee just to watch it go down the urinal an hour later.
Same experience for me. Ordered the 4-pack sampler on Black Friday..This thread helped convince me...Liked the Beyond Black and Just Black better than the Silencer Smooth and AK. Good coffee, no doubt, but can't justify the price. I can use the savings to buy more hunting tags!

i'm done with them the last bag i got about a 1/8 of the bag was still in whole bean. hard to make pour over coffee with whole beans mixed with ground coffee.

I absolutely love their coffee. I often can’t afford it as my daily coffee, but I get it for special occasions and trips.

h2so4

WKR
I’m a coffee club member and really like it. I’m sure there are other equally good options that might be cheaper- but I like BRCC ethos and “don’t give a shit if you don’t like us” marketing.

jmcd22

WKR
I'm not a coffee drinker at all...in fact I can count on one hand how many cups I've had in my life but I love the flavor in stouts so I've always had the itch to find something I enjoy. I ordered the 3 pack of K-cups from BRCC to see what it was all about and I am impressed. Nothing like those god-awful cups I've had in the past. So far, this company is pretty freaking cool!