Black Rifle Coffee Company

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Couple a passion for coffee with being a veteran owned company that gives back to veterans and first responders and you get Black Rifle Coffee Company. The folks at Black Rifle Coffee Company have given some of the Rokslide writers a chance to try out there products and we'll be chiming in on this thread. The products they have provided are as follows:

Mission Fuel Variety Pack

Coffee Steep Bags

BRCC Instant Coffee singles

My experience:

This is not my first experience with Black Rifle Coffee. At the fire station and ambulance base we tend to look for companies that go out of their way to support veterans, so this coffee naturally fits the bill. I've used quite a few of their different roasts and the first thing that should be noted is this is not your typical Folgers or Maxwell House coffee. Though each person will have their own taste preferences for the roast they prefer, the quality of the coffee is just as good as most fresh ground coffee house brews I have tasted. My personal favorite has been the AK espresso blend, which has a rich dark taste as you'd expect of espresso blends.

I am pretty excited to try the instant packets and single serving brew bags, but the box just came in today so have not had the opportunity yet. I'm really hoping the instant lives up to my expectations, this would really simplify my backcountry coffee routine. I'll keep you guys updated.

Some of the other writers will be giving their opinions when they recieve their boxs, so stay tuned.
47d8b2fe5de46ec88324a769144c06eb.jpg
472b5968383c1a74faaba71beedee539.jpg
20134ff5425d88554e4794ac49e62b7c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BRCC gave the middle finger to Kyle Rittenhouse. I give the middle finger to BRCC.
They just like advertising with rifles and making money off them, they don’t actually believe in the 2A and citizens protecting themselves with rifles from a violent mob. Plenty of other coffee companies out there that support hunting, the outdoors and the 2A.

Love their coffee. Those instant packs have become my go to for the woods and anytime I am on the road. Actually I keep 5-6 in my brief case these days.

as far as their messaging goes, I would say cut them some slack. They got associated with the far right for a while and The NY Times piece was an attempt to put some distance between them and the negative publicity associated with some of those groups. They were trying to reel in some private investment money to fund some growth and that money doesnt typically like a lot of “headline” risk. Now that they are going to be a public company, they have to take that “perceptual neutrality” to a new level. That is why they aren’t going to make public statements about Rittenhouse. This is public company 101. They will bring in consultants to do media seminars and coaching for key executives. They will scrub company and personal social media accounts. It’s all an attempt to maximize their appeal to the money sources and make them more successful as a public company. It will be everything from their media messaging to tweaking their name, logo and products. It wasn’t all that long ago that those instant coffee packs were called “black powder”. I bet that AR15 comes off those coffee bags in the next batch or two.

in the meantime, Breitbart is just looking for some click bait. They are trying to create an issue out of a “no comment“ response on a divisive media event To drive their internet traffic. What other company issued a statement on the Rittenhouse verdict…I’ll wait.

Evan is a sharp guy and he is focused on growing his company. They do a lot of things that I like - hire military, give to veterans groups, etc. ad they will do more of that as they grow. 10,000 veteran jobs, adaptive wheelchairs, etc. However, Evan knows he can’t play/win the Wall Street game if his company is perceived to be deeply aligned with right wing politics. Name one company that does...I’ll wait...yeah, right. See what I mean.

It is enough that they are solid people and they give a lot back to communities I care about. I will continue to buy their stuff and support their company. I don’t need my coffee company to jump on every media grenade for me.

besides, Evan is a Green Beret, and we tend to stick together. De Oppresso Liber…or in this case, De Espresso Bibere.

-DJ

Love their coffee. Those instant packs have become my go to for the woods and anytime I am on the road. Actually I keep 5-6 in my brief case these days.

as far as their messaging goes, I would say cut them some slack. They got associated with the far right for a while and The NY Times piece was an attempt to put some distance between them and the negative publicity associated with some of those groups. They were trying to reel in some private investment money to fund some growth and that money doesnt typically like a lot of “headline” risk. Now that they are going to be a public company, they have to take that “perceptual neutrality” to a new level. That is why they aren’t going to make public statements about Rittenhouse. This is public company 101. They will bring in consultants to do media seminars and coaching for key executives. They will scrub company and personal social media accounts. It’s all an attempt to maximize their appeal to the money sources and make them more successful as a public company. It will be everything from their media messaging to tweaking their name, logo and products. It wasn’t all that long ago that those instant coffee packs were called “black powder”. I bet that AR15 comes off those coffee bags in the next batch or two.

in the meantime, Breitbart is just looking for some click bait. They are trying to create an issue out of a “no comment“ response on a divisive media event To drive their internet traffic. What other company issued a statement on the Rittenhouse verdict…I’ll wait.
That’s just it, they shouldn’t have made a statement at all. What they should have said is “we will wait for the complete investigation and make a statement once we have all the facts”. Instead they said people supporting Rittenhouse are proudboyish type people. I still remember when Starbucks said they wouldn’t care if conservatives stopped buying their products, so BRCC responded with they would be glad to have conservatives as their customers. It seems to me greed has gotten in the way and they forget who supported them in the early days.

As for doing away with the ar15 logo? Isn’t that the part of the reason we supported them? A conservative based company that likes guns, the 2A and helping veterans? So they will now turn their backs on the people who helped make them what they are today by calling anyone who supports Rittenhouse a “proudboyish” type person, do away with the ar15 logo to appease the liberals and gun haters. So basically we’re supporting another Starbucks? No thanks. Like I said, I used to like the company before greed and money got in the way.

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
I keep my singles at work.
1. I’m selfish and it keeps my family from pillaging my BRCC reserves.
2. When I get a call at 2:00 a.m. I like that I can heat some water and drink quality coffee before we leave!
37c95ed6c608fa3e8245b569ea6ed6c2.jpg

85c67f805d97a5a8f9a47181913c1236.jpg

9c3d6d2ae57b8062d1d4bd158e217e31.jpg

8be25ff04c525c547ed5f610a328631b.jpg

We’re looking forward to trying these products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vandy321

WKR
BRCC gave the middle finger to Kyle Rittenhouse. I give the middle finger to BRCC.
Sounds like smart business owners to me. They are a 'for profit' business...its not their job nor their place to pick sides.

Assuming you get upset when companies "go woke" or wade into politics, why would you expect BRCC to do the same, simply because this scenario may better align with your political leanings?

khel

FNG
Sounds like smart business owners to me. They are a 'for profit' business...its not their job nor their place to pick sides.

Assuming you get upset when companies "go woke" or wade into politics, why would you expect BRCC to do the same, simply because this scenario may better align with your political leanings?
The problem is THEY DID PICK SIDE. On multiple occasions.. Kyle R was just one of the examples. And here's what they think about people that supported Kyle.

“It’s such a repugnant group of people. It’s like the worst of American society, and I got to flush the toilet of some of those people"
"I hate racist, proud boy-ish people. Like, I’ll pay them to leave my customer base. I would gladly chop all of those people out of my [expletive] customer database and pay them to get the [expletive] out.”

Vandy321

WKR
The problem is THEY DID PICK SIDE. On multiple occasions.. Kyle R was just one of the examples. And here's what they think about people that supported Kyle.

“It’s such a repugnant group of people. It’s like the worst of American society, and I got to flush the toilet of some of those people"
"I hate racist, proud boy-ish people. Like, I’ll pay them to leave my customer base. I would gladly chop all of those people out of my [expletive] customer database and pay them to get the [expletive] out.”
So you're mad because they had the nerve to denounced racists and proud-boys?

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have talked Politics with the BRCC crew, Evan and a few others in particular. I can confidently say that they are who they portray. They love America, have a strong service record, and have serving veterans, LEO and firefighters at their heart. As the son of law enforcement I can whole heartedly get behind that.

Vandy321

WKR
I have talked Politics with the BRCC crew, Evan and a few others in particular. I can confidently say that they are who they portray. They love America, have a strong service record, and have serving veterans, LEO and firefighters at their heart. As the son of law enforcement I can whole heartedly get behind that.
I've known Jared personally for years and can 2nd that comment.

Last edited:
So you're mad because they had the nerve to denounced racists and proud-boys?
It’s not the fact they denounced racist and proud-boys. I’m good with that. What I’m not good with is them labeling me a racist and proudboyish type person for defending Kyle and the 2A. I would love to see them publicly denounce antifa and blm, you know, the ones burning down cities and attacking innocent people. But we all know that will never happen.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
This has been hashed out before on RS. IMHO the Rogan podcast with Evan is a good listen. But if you hate Rogan, or don’t think things can be more complicated or nuanced than a sound bite or NYT article, skip it.

Vandy321

WKR
It’s not the fact they denounced racist and proud-boys. I’m good with that. What I’m not good with is them labeling me a racist and proudboyish type person for defending Kyle and the 2A. I would love to see them publicly denounce antifa and blm, you know, the ones burning down cities and attacking innocent people. But we all know that will never happen.
Your are confusing a statement made by one of the owners in a personal capacity for a statement by BRCC...they are not one and the same. BRCC never made a statement on either Kyle nor Antifa.

Gone4Days

WKR
Also the fact that the CEO Hafer donated money to ActBlue. How can a “Pro Vet, Pro 2A, Pro LEO” donate money to people who hate cops, hate gun owners and use veterans for political gain? Hafer is a poser. He’s a liberal who happens to be a vet. Which IS FINE. I have no problems with liberals. Just don’t lie to me and pretend to be something you’re not.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member