Black Rifle Coffee Company

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I can vouch for this. With the TagHub review that @Travis Bertrand wrote we didn’t get to approve it first anything like that. Little nerve wracking on my end but I knew that It would be trusted because of it.

Thanks for chiming in Scott. Didn’t realize we were racking your nerves! Hahahaa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I always keep coffee and a spare stove in one of my Yeti Loadout boxes in the truck for a little treat when I stumble out of the brush. These sample packs have been awesome for pour-over cups and the tea-bag style will make it in the box as well.
black rifle 01.jpg

The little sticks of instant will be a major addition to my backcountry selection. So for I've been happy with the taste of all of the Black Rifle coffee.

black rifle 02.jpg

jmazz

Lil-Rokslider
I have tried to like their coffee multiple times over the past few years. I like good tasting coffee and use a Hario V60 most of the time. BRCC is the worst coffee I've bought since I moved on from Folgers a decade ago. I prefer to buy from local coffee roasters instead now.

Ok ok no BS there i was.🥸

Has anyone tried the old and new brcc instant?
I tried the older one and I tasted exactly like every other instant.
I don't mind paying the premium if it actually has more kick and taste. But there are alot cheaper options if its all the same.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

I don't mind paying the premium if it actually has more kick and taste. But there are alot cheaper options if its all the same
haven’t yet bud, but if you see @Josh Boyd post above, he has some in his sample pack. Let us know Josh

I don't mind paying the premium if it actually has more kick and taste. But there are alot cheaper options if its all the same.
They're alright, I had them in my pack this year and just had one the other day on the farm.

Pros: Way less acidic than Starbucks Via, doesn't leave a weird feel on your teeth (some instants do this to me), tastes okay but no better than perk Folgers.

Cons: Expensive, I've never had a pack completely dissolve (always some grounds left in the brew), no noticeable caffeination effect, weird gastric upset.

Hard to beat Medaglia D'Oro instant, available everywhere and cheap, doesn't give me any mouth or stomach issues.

Sam Colt

Lil-Rokslider
Hard to beat Medaglia D'Oro instant, available everywhere and cheap, doesn't give me any mouth or stomach issues.
Amen. And if you freeze-dry or seal your own meals, you can make the single serve bags easily out of mylar bags with your sealer. Simple and way less expensive alternative.

I find their coffee passable. A friend brought a bag to camp this past weekend. The bag was on the counter after I brewed it and all the guys were saying how good BRCC coffee is. Mmmmmm. Praise. So I quietly brewed a pot with the Dunkin' in the cabinet. No one could tell the difference; they all kept saying, "Man, this BRCC stuff is so good." LOL

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think the taste of the instant is much different than Via, but taste is subjective and situational. For me, there is an inverse relationship of my coffee snobbery to the distance and time in the backcountry......And the three in the photo above have provided me plenty of comfort in the mountains.

My expectations at a small roaster in a hip mountain town are quite different. But when I'm wet, exhausted, and mentally spent on return to the truck, a pour over of BRCC tastes damn amazing. At home I prefer some of their roasts more than others. When I get through my samples I'll report on what I like.

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think the taste of the instant is much different than Via, but taste is subjective and situational. For me, there is an inverse relationship of my coffee snobbery to the distance and time in the backcountry......And the three in the photo above have provided me plenty of comfort in the mountains.

My expectations at a small roaster in a hip mountain town are quite different. But when I'm wet, exhausted, and mentally spent on return to the truck, a pour over of BRCC tastes damn amazing. At home I prefer some of their roasts more then others. When I get through my samples I'll report on what I like.

Agreed! We call it “airport coffee”. When you’re at the hangar, waiting for a flight, anything black and hot can pass for coffee.
There are at least two coffee roasters or maybe three here in my town. My buddy has a commercial roaster, etc. but I’m not packing a pound of whole beans and grinder up the mountain

The BRCC singles have saved my bacon this year. When I get a call at 02:00 it’s nice to have a hot cup of coffee. When you sleep on the dirt and wake up with the coyotes, it’s nice to have a hot cup of coffee.

My coffee snobbery fluctuates with my situation. Good call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the coffee or die and AK.
Now I'm not gonna say it's any better fresh roasted higher end coffee. But I like supporting them.

As far as instant goes if you qualify for expert voice cusa coffee is what I'm using. Idk if id pay full price as its kinda the same same. They do have tea and other interesting things.

Or you can get folders single packs from dollar tree.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Received my Black Rifle coffee package yesterday…two coffee drinkers in this house and we drink a dark roast on a normal day….started with the Silencer Smooth…this is a lite roast but still has plenty of flavor…..nothing added went down smooth👍

Attachments

• 8682A7D5-47D1-495C-8BC1-030390493166.jpeg
    8682A7D5-47D1-495C-8BC1-030390493166.jpeg
    401.6 KB · Views: 36
Gunship was totally bland for me. Smooth, but bland. AK espresso roast is much better so far, but nothing world changing. I might try another light roast next month.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Next round a little more robust and still smooth as Justin noted this coffee is very smooth and zero bitter….very good stuff🤙

Attachments

• 5CBDE3D3-DCFB-42BF-9600-D664B73304DF.jpeg
    5CBDE3D3-DCFB-42BF-9600-D664B73304DF.jpeg
    331 KB · Views: 24
  • EE7BBA20-7045-4950-92A8-416FBF6FCA15.jpeg
    EE7BBA20-7045-4950-92A8-416FBF6FCA15.jpeg
    299.7 KB · Views: 24
Is there a rockslide discount code? I am probably due for a refill on my instants and a few bags of brew.

tdhanses

WKR
Beyond Black used to be my favorite but now Murdered Out is, gotta love an extra dark roast.