Black Rifle Coffee Company

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Well, BRCC is good coffee. Final got to try some at Double Barrel Coffee in Great Falls, MT. I would say it is on par with the local roasts I get in Alaska. So, good coffee, but not good enough to make me switch.

If anyone is in or passing through Great Falls I highly recommend Double Barrel, some of the best breakfast food I can remember eating. The Garbage Omelette was the best omelette I have ever had. The biscuits and gravy are very good, but short on spice for this South Louisiana boy (as expected for this part of the country).

Ok, I'll stop thread jacking.

20220331_122251.jpg

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Well, BRCC is good coffee. Final got to try some at Double Barrel Coffee in Great Falls, MT. I would say it is on par with the local roasts I get in Alaska. So, good coffee, but not good enough to make me switch.

If anyone is in or passing through Great Falls I highly recommend Double Barrel, some of the best breakfast food I can remember eating. The Garbage Omelette was the best omelette I have ever had. The biscuits and gravy are very good, but short on spice for this South Louisiana boy (as expected for this part of the country).

Ok, I'll stop thread jacking.

View attachment 396604

All good. Thanks for the comparison and recommendations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I REALLY love their instant coffee...I really do NOT love opening it. I just can't get them open without my knife much of the time (seems harder than it should be)

yeah. Something changed. Just finished a trip to Wyoming. Three guys. Typically order up a box of 30 and everyone grabs what they need for the trip. I ended up using a knife or teeth to get into them each morning. Same coffee but something on the packaging or precutting changed on this batch. Harder to open for sure.

thej5

FNG
yeah. Something changed. Just finished a trip to Wyoming. Three guys. Typically order up a box of 30 and everyone grabs what they need for the trip. I ended up using a knife or teeth to get into them each morning. Same coffee but something on the packaging or precutting changed on this batch. Harder to open for sure.
actually great to hear. I kept trying to blame it on cold hands last week, but more than one showered me with coffee because of a bad rip.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I REALLY love their instant coffee...I really do NOT love opening it. I just can't get them open without my knife much of the time (seems harder than it should be)
Yeah, I am about 50% on that myself LOL.

skeptic

FNG
I think their coffee is...meh. There are about a million boutique roasters out there now and in my opinion they wouldn't even hit the top 10. They do however, have clever marketing. Taste preferences vary from person and is highly subjective, which makes the marketing part necessary.

I don't get the craze on the singles, teabag style, whatever. I just put some coffee in a ziploc and pour hot water over one of those silicon pour over coffee filters. Takes up almost no space in your pack and is ten times better than the freeze dried shit.

chadlove

FNG
I have tried several instant coffees and I don't think you can beat the taste of black rifle, I leave the pour over at home since I tried there instant coffee.