Black Rifle Coffee NYT Comments

Mosby

WKR
I've never drank Black Rifle Coffee but I've been to strip clubs and from what little I can remember...I enjoyed them. FWIW...the best strip clubs I've ever been in were in Washington, DC. and nobody seemed to care whether the girls were Democrat or Republican. Carry on.

OP
B
I've never drank Black Rifle Coffee but I've been to strip clubs and from what little I can remember...I enjoyed them. FWIW...the best strip clubs I've ever been in were in Washington, DC. and nobody seemed to care whether the girls were Democrat or Republican. Carry on.
I'm sure they were all working just to pay their way through college.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Mosby

WKR
I'm sure they were all working just to pay their way through college.

I'm pretty sure they were making more money than I was back then. American University, Georgetown and George Washington University were all within a few miles of each other.

OP
B
I'm pretty sure they were making more money than I was back then. American University, Georgetown and George Washington University were all within a few miles of each other.
When I was young and hit those establishments the strippers were always "only working there to pay for their college."

Mosby

WKR
When I was young and hit those establishments the strippers were always "only working there to pay for their college."

They might have been telling the truth. A 3 credit class at American cost $1500 back then. Some could make that in a day. Today? They better be doing more than dancing....

OP
B
They might have been telling the truth. A 3 credit class at American cost $1500 back then. Some could make that in a day. Today? They better be doing more than dancing....
Trust me....they weren't.

grfox92

WKR
Why are there idiots on here that cannot figure out the "quotes" are bunch of cut-clipped sentences (devoid of context or additional narrative by Hafer) sprinkled in amongst a bunch of bull**** the NYT author wrote??? The OP article posted for the thread is an opinionated summation of cut-clips from that garbage article. Not exactly prime source material! BRCC is not a damn political organization. They are pro-America, pro-constitution, pro-vet COFFEE company. Not wanting to be tied to every right-wing siren call seems unreasonable for a coffee business??? Are Businesses now required to be Rep/Dem echo chambers? Moderates do not exist anymore?

"No party".... no S***! 300 million people are not defined by two distinct parties. Evan doesn't let a political party tell him what he needs to think..... like anyone else with a damn brain!!!

People are making the same mistakes the NYT author made: twisting and manipulating something into their own imaginary interpretation, in order to fit it into a particular narrative.

In an age where masculinity is villanized, these guys stand up for it proudly. Coffee, guns, whisky, and bikini snaps need no political affiliation to be awesome. Freedom the **** On Black Rifle!!!
This is the best post in the whole thread.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Why are there idiots on here that cannot figure out the "quotes" are bunch of cut-clipped sentences (devoid of context or additional narrative by Hafer) sprinkled in amongst a bunch of bull**** the NYT author wrote??? The OP article posted for the thread is an opinionated summation of cut-clips from that garbage article. Not exactly prime source material! BRCC is not a damn political organization. They are pro-America, pro-constitution, pro-vet COFFEE company. Not wanting to be tied to every right-wing siren call seems unreasonable for a coffee business??? Are Businesses now required to be Rep/Dem echo chambers? Moderates do not exist anymore?

"No party".... no S***! 300 million people are not defined by two distinct parties. Evan doesn't let a political party tell him what he needs to think..... like anyone else with a damn brain!!!

People are making the same mistakes the NYT author made: twisting and manipulating something into their own imaginary interpretation, in order to fit it into a particular narrative.

In an age where masculinity is villanized, these guys stand up for it proudly. Coffee, guns, whisky, and bikini snaps need no political affiliation to be awesome. Freedom the **** On Black Rifle!!!
The only reason to ever agree to an interview with the NYT is either you want to appeal to their readers or you're woefully naive. So which one is it? Considering he was a CIA contractor I would bet it's not the latter.

Marketing with "Coffee, guns, whisky, and bikini snaps" is not masculinity, it's selling a shallow caricature of it. No different than buying a pair of Nike "Equality" editions to show how tolerant you are. Corporations love identity politics because they can sell an identity as a consumable, it requires no principles or sacrifice on the part of the customer, and ultimately feels empty, which makes them even better customers as you can simply sell them more stuff to attempt to fill the emptiness.

They’ve been playing the game for years on Social media and riding the veteran card for about 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Evan Hafer was just on Rogan if any cares to get his more in depth take on things.
Thanks for the heads-up.

I've been thinking lately that (IMHO) many issues, especially those that people argue about, are complicated. Nuance is almost dead, and we are often too busy, distracted, etc. to investigate or think through topics with the time that may be needed to see the level of complexity. And I don't see as many people ask "but what if I'm wrong?" So I decided to listen, and while it runs about 3 hours, I'm about 2/3 through it, and it's been pretty interesting. They cover the NYT article and reaction thereto, but a lot more.

My local gas station coffee is far better than anything ive tried from BRC
this thread got me to buy a box of their version of K-pods in an attempt to make the keurig we have a useful appliance rather than a dust collector taking up counter space.... it was successful in that regard... most keurig coffee sucks, the BRC i got is not bad.... better than any gas station coffee i have had, but will admit it's probably been a decade since getting gas station/convenience store coffee.... if/when it comes to that, those establishments have plenty of redbull on the shelves ;)

i'm going to order some more and some of their instant coffee to try this week.... starbucks is my current baseline for instant, and there is plenty of room for improvement there.... if you make strong coffee with starbucks instant, it still tastes like instant coffee.... doesn't matter that much in the mountains, but if there's a better option...

my first impressions were better than bad

Yoder

WKR
The whole problem I have with BRCC is the name. When you are Black Rifle coffee company and you come out against a kid that defended himself with a black rifle expect to get crapped on. Also how many "alt right" people actually exist? I knew some skin heads in high school in the late 80's, other than that they are like finding unicorns. It's not like Nazis are running around at Walmart every day. The Proud boys leader's name is Enrique Tarrio. He sure sounds like a white supremacist. The proud boys aren't a bunch of racists. 99% of all "alt right" people are not racists either. So when your whole marketing campaign is guns, freedom and Merica expect push back when you trash someone defending himself with a gun in America. If their name was Steve's coffee company, nobody would have cared about this. He chose sides. I understand not wanting to be associated with Kyle. All he had to say was that they had no affiliation with him and the courts will decide whether he's guilty or not. I always supported their company and I like that they give to Veterans and employ Veterans. Starbucks does the same thing. I cancelled my subscription and just buy whatever is on sale at the grocery store. I stead of buying a product that gives a small portion of the profit to charity, I just donate to charity.

Htm84

WKR
The whole problem I have with BRCC is the name. When you are Black Rifle coffee company and you come out against a kid that defended himself with a black rifle expect to get crapped on. Also how many "alt right" people actually exist? I knew some skin heads in high school in the late 80's, other than that they are like finding unicorns. It's not like Nazis are running around at Walmart every day. The Proud boys leader's name is Enrique Tarrio. He sure sounds like a white supremacist. The proud boys aren't a bunch of racists. 99% of all "alt right" people are not racists either. So when your whole marketing campaign is guns, freedom and Merica expect push back when you trash someone defending himself with a gun in America. If their name was Steve's coffee company, nobody would have cared about this. He chose sides. I understand not wanting to be associated with Kyle. All he had to say was that they had no affiliation with him and the courts will decide whether he's guilty or not. I always supported their company and I like that they give to Veterans and employ Veterans. Starbucks does the same thing. I cancelled my subscription and just buy whatever is on sale at the grocery store. I stead of buying a product that gives a small portion of the profit to charity, I just donate to charity.

So basically you support what they had to say about Rittenhouse?
F2740CDC-B488-4F34-995D-82387ADFFB01.png

They came out against him?
Or just made it clear they don't have an affiliation?

Sounds like you're continuing to spin this how you see fit.

If someone you didn't even know was charged with something would you jump rite on sacrificing your income to say they weren't guilty?

Last edited:
I'll admit I pause my BRCC purchases for awhile until I heard there reasoning on the podcast.

Basically Evan's #1 priority is to help Veterans.
He stated every decision he make he try to keep that goal in sight.

He knew the Nyt article was gonna get spun but chose to do it because he thought the benefit out weighed the cost.

Sure I feel they should of had a little more to say about Kyle but if Vets are his #1 I understand the tradeoff.

Yoder

WKR
They came out against him?
Or just made it clear they don't have an affiliation?

Sounds like you're continuing to spin this how you see fit.

If someone you didn't even know was charged with something would you jump rite on sacrificing your income to say they weren't guilty?
I seen the comments about "proud boy types" and the "alt right" nonsense and that was woke enough for me. When was the press release above sent out? Probably after they got destroyed online. I have no problem with what is in that. They should have stuck to that before saying all of the other crap. I will look a little deeper into this. I don't want to perpetuate something that isn't the truth. I'm curious of what was said exactly and the timeline. I'll also check out the Rogan interview.