Blackhorn 209 hang fire

I have never had issues with bh209 except one cva that didn't have the proper breech plug. I think we have gone through 6# of it now between several of us.

I'd be curious to try the jugs you have. Where in VA are you located? Maybe we can work around the shipping. I travel up and down the valley, south central, and Piedmont east of Richmond a fair amount.
Certainly could be something with me or my guns. But neither my guns nor I have ever had any problem with any other blackpowder substitute of any kind in years of hunting... so, depending on which way you look at it... it could also be that BH209 is finicky and easily prevented from reliable ignition.

Idaholewis said it best- if it works for you and you're comfortable with it, use it!

tdhanses

WKR
The U.S. Department of Transportation, Code of Federal Regulations, 49CFR Part 172, Subpart H, mandates training for all individuals involved in the transportation of hazardous materials. Anyone involved in shipping HAZMAT is required by the DOT to have been trained, and proof of training; whether that person is filling out paperwork, transporting it, or simply making the box to ship it.

Good thing USPS delivery people are trained then because they deliver all my powder, primers and ammo.