Blackhorn 209 hang fires

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
UNREAL! Good luck fellas, May you shoot MANY a Ragged Hole Groups with your BH209 šŸ‘

ENCORE

WKR
George, Why do you feel Compelled in these threads to tell ME about Doug using Wool Wads, And Bob using EASY Loading Paper Patch Bullets? In other words you are Saying that they go against the Advice of BH209 as well, YET they have STELLAR luck with it. When I Clearly state that BH209 did NOT work for Me in Similar situations (Am i a Liar?) Maybe itā€™s because those Guyā€™s are YOUR ā€œProsā€ and can Whisper to it and make it go off?

No one, not a single person anywhere in this post, nor can I think of any posts you've been involved with, has ever called you a liar. That's a CS statement and you darn well know it.

As for both Bob and Doug, neither one of them attempt to shoot with a bullet that slides down the barrel by its own weight, which is a dangerous process. However their bullets load easy in both their rifles, yet load with enough pressure to properly ignite BH. Rather a wool wad or a veggie. They seem not to have any problems with ignition and, both of them are National Champions, each holding many records.
It seems as though if I agree with either of them, they must be my "Pros". Now that's IS funny. Now you have me setting here amused.
As was mentioned above, you're pissed off and still going in circles.

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
No one, not a single person anywhere in this post, nor can I think of any posts you've been involved with, has ever called you a liar. That's a CS statement and you darn well know it.

As for both Bob and Doug, neither one of them attempt to shoot with a bullet that slides down the barrel by its own weight, which is a dangerous process. However their bullets load easy in both their rifles, yet load with enough pressure to properly ignite BH. Rather a wool wad or a veggie. They seem not to have any problems with ignition and, both of them are National Champions, each holding many records.
It seems as though if I agree with either of them, they must be my "Pros". Now that's IS funny. Now you have me setting here amused.
As was mentioned above, you're pissed off and still going in circles.

Iā€™m not at all Mad George, let alone Pissed off. Just amused is all. Going in Circles? LOL šŸ˜‚ I have done nothing but state Facts Throughout this Thread šŸ‘ Right down to the E-mail from Western Powders and their AMAZING response, Showing How Little they actually know, WORLD Championships, have been Won with ā€œLoose ā€œSlip Fitā€ Bullets

The Colorado fella Reads the Thread 3 times and Thinks i am shooting BH209 with great results to 600 Yards? But then Iā€™m complaining about BH209? So he Scratches his head in Confusion šŸ˜‚ When in fact i am NOT even Shooting BH209 at all, I just spoke of my Bad Experience with it. You canā€™t fix this kinda thing šŸ¤Ŗ

I am done with this Thread. BH209 does NOT work for me PLAIN N SIMPLE. Real Blackpowder on the other Hand Does, My Shooting for Several years CLEARLY shows that, It is also CRYSTAL Clear that Loose ā€œSlip Fitā€ Bullets Work, and they Work EXTREMELY well!! From Jacketed Sabotless, Lead Bullets of Varying hardnesses, And Paper Patch.

Shoot what works for YOU, and Be HAPPY with it šŸ‘

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
Here is 52bore (Rick Weber) Loading one of them ā€œDANGEROUSā€ Bullets you Speak of. Listen CLOSELY to him, he says ā€œLiterally FALLS down the Boreā€ It actually doesnā€™t, But it Loads REALLY Loose, Watching him load here is EXACTLY like i Load!! And have Been Loading for Several Years! I was taught this By Lee Shaverā€™s (2 Time World Champion)

ENCORE

WKR
Rick is an extremely seasoned COMPETATIVE muzzleloader shooter. His bullet do not drop down the bore, although they do go down easy.

It is NOT a hunting load Rick is loading, its strictly for competative target and shot by a very seasoned shooter. Notice he always kept the barrel in and UP position? There's more to that than just range rules.

I would bet that there is so close to 100% of the members here on this site, if not all, that are not competitive shooters such as what Rick is shown doing. Members reading and watching that video are hunters, some striving for the best accuracy they can achieve. But.... in the long run its for hunting purposes and not competition shooting.

It would be down right DANGEROUS to hunt with a bullet that loaded in the bore that easily. Period.
And that's why you stated your own hunting loads loaded harder than your target rounds, right?
If that bullet while hunting and slid down the bore towards the muzzle and the rifle was fired, there's most likely a ruined barrel if not a detonation.

And again for the record, Rick is shooting blackpowder, which has nothing to do with the OP question.

Thought you said you were done with this post???

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
Rick is an extremely seasoned COMPETATIVE muzzleloader shooter. His bullet do not drop down the bore, although they do go down easy.

It is NOT a hunting load Rick is loading, its strictly for competative target and shot by a very seasoned shooter. Notice he always kept the barrel in and UP position? There's more to that than just range rules.

I would bet that there is so close to 100% of the members here on this site, if not all, that are not competitive shooters such as what Rick is shown doing. Members reading and watching that video are hunters, some striving for the best accuracy they can achieve. But.... in the long run its for hunting purposes and not competition shooting.

It would be down right DANGEROUS to hunt with a bullet that loaded in the bore that easily. Period.
And that's why you stated your own hunting loads loaded harder than your target rounds, right?
If that bullet while hunting and slid down the bore towards the muzzle and the rifle was fired, there's most likely a ruined barrel if not a detonation.

And again for the record, Rick is shooting blackpowder, which has nothing to do with the OP question.

Thought you said you were done with this post???

I added the Video of Rick because it is LITERALLY identical to how i load my ā€œTARGET ONLYā€ Bullets.

Last edited: