BlackOvis Anchor Point 800 Fill Welded Down Jacket and Pant Live Field Review

thedutchtouch

Lil-Rokslider
I lurk a lot more than I post but these are on sale on camofire today at a pretty steep(discontinued) discount. I picked up a set after reading these reviews, was initially worried about waterproofing, but I will plan on wearing them under raingear if I need to, and at half price it seemed well worth it to me. Thanks all, once they get some use (admittedly it'll be pretty rare since I am primarily an east coast whitetail hunter, but make one or two trips to Alaska/out west per year) I'll report back to hopefully corroborate the good reviews, or provide my experiences if not.

chocolab

Lil-Rokslider
wow that is a good deal. I have the green colored ones and for the price I paid i'm very happy with them. I'd be ecstatic if I paid $100 on camofire right now.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone picked up the charcoal color yet and have non-studio taken photos to show the color? Looks like a pretty light gray but I imagine it's a little darker in person.
I just ordered one today and wondered the same thing, did you happen to get one?

HuntNTag

WKR
I bought them last year in silver as it was the only color they was in stock. I looked at the super down pro that I had from KUIU along with the fill.

While the down wasn’t water treated, dollar value and fill per ounce, the black ovis product is kick ass and just as warm.

I know they just updated the product so the one online is their updated version compared to last year but I still feel great about it.

Anchor point down

For those of you that have these did you order the tall pants or regular. I wear a 34X32 and was stuck between which to order. The regulars have a 30inch and the talls have a 32inch inseam

Thanks

For those of you that have these did you order the tall pants or regular. I wear a 34X32 and was stuck between which to order. The regulars have a 30inch and the talls have a 32inch inseam

Thanks
I wear a 32x30 and the regular length is perfect down to the top of a pair of tennis shoes. So when seated, they ride up a bit which is fine when I'm wearing boots.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got the charcoal color jacket today. The color is definitely light but I like it. Material isn’t very shiny or noisy by puffy standards. A few people commented on the broad shoulders and I agree but would describe it as a normal cut vs athletic, not really a design flaw. Layers very well under my dew point jacket (both are a large), hood tucks under nicely. Here’s a photo next to Sitka open county, I think the color fits well into the spectrum for hunting. DED7409B-84BD-470F-B05F-2D986C96B603.jpeg

thedutchtouch

Lil-Rokslider
I lurk a lot more than I post but these are on sale on camofire today at a pretty steep(discontinued) discount. I picked up a set after reading these reviews, was initially worried about waterproofing, but I will plan on wearing them under raingear if I need to, and at half price it seemed well worth it to me. Thanks all, once they get some use (admittedly it'll be pretty rare since I am primarily an east coast whitetail hunter, but make one or two trips to Alaska/out west per year) I'll report back to hopefully corroborate the good reviews, or provide my experiences if not.
edited to remove this post, had some hijinks with my order but decided to put my big boy pants on and call them and they straightened everything out just getting alrge instaed of large tall, which is what i probably should have ordered in the first place. looking forward to using these now that temps are dropping finaly out here/ packing them to alaska next year

Last edited:
Anyone had issues with the zippers on the pants not fully unzipping? Been trying off and on for months but can't get the dang things to line up and go through the bottom zipper...Have to put both zippers about 12" up and slide my boots through. Not ideal in the snow or mud...

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone had issues with the zippers on the pants not fully unzipping? Been trying off and on for months but can't get the dang things to line up and go through the bottom zipper...Have to put both zippers about 12" up and slide my boots through. Not ideal in the snow or mud...

No Sir. I haven’t had that experience. Sorry this reply is too late. If I were you, I’d send them back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My cousin wore his Anchor Point Jacket the whole time we were in Alaska on our moose hunt. He loved it and had zero issues. It rained almost every day except for a couple at the beginning of the trip and he never had problems with it getting wet. Good rain gear helps too.

thumbnail_IMG_2850.jpg