BlackOvis custom arrows

MattyV8

FNG
So all my Easton 5mm axis arrows came with the cock vane pointed away from the riser when on bow. now I’m having issues with clearance on my QAD ultrarest. Cock vane should be up on a drop-away rest right? Should I move knock and Re glue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
MattyV8

MattyV8

FNG
No sorry they weren’t glued but I’ve already moved one now it fits sloppy so I’m thinking I might need to glue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no "correct" cock vane position...put it wherever it needs to be to avoid contact with the cables and/or rest. I've had bows that needed the cock vane pointing away from the riser to avoid cable contact. If the rest isn't dropping quickly enough, you'll likely continue to see vane contact regardless of where you position the cock vane. It's also possible that those particular vanes simply have too high of a profile to work with your bow/rest.

Your nock should still fit tightly after repositioning it. If it doesn't, it may have gotten cracked or (unlikely but possible) it may not be the correct nock for that arrow shaft.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I never know which vane will be my cock vane until I'm done nock-tuning. Turn the arrow however you need to, to get the best flight and clearance. If you're having contact with your QAD launcher, the timing is probably off. As for nocks.......I'd try a new nock, or you can wrap a small amount of Saran wrap or even a plastic grocery bag around it and put it back in.