Blackovis Merino wool sale on Camofire..should I pull the rigger?

Jeremy_D

FNG
Ive been looking to get some Merino wool. Camofire has Blackovis on sale now. It seems this stuff isnt all built the same? Is this good stuff or should I look else where?

badshot

Lil-Rokslider
I own almost every piece they make for different situations. I recommend all of it but the boxers. The boxers have very small leg holes, if you are a bigger guy like me size up one size from your tee shirt on any of the tops.

Xenophon

FNG
I recommend them. Have 2 or 3 pieces that I used a lot last season. However, I would second the above opinion on the boxers; they just fit weird. Other than that item I'm very satisfied.

MTJake

Lil-Rokslider
Agreed. I have a number of their tops and a pair of their bottoms. Size up if you have long arms. Also, would not recommend their boxers... They just don't fit as well.

OP
J

Jeremy_D

FNG
Put in an order. I did order the boxers before I seen your guys post. See how it turns out.

Those merino gloves kinda suck but cheap enough it didn’t bother me. Mine got holes by day two of a backcountry hunt. Buddy had the other stuff and likes it like these other guys so probably worth a shot.

Ive been looking to get some Merino wool. Camofire has Blackovis on sale now. It seems this stuff isnt all built the same? Is this good stuff or should I look else where?
in my experience the black ovis merino is way more durable than first lite i have worn my black ovis to work in the winter everday for the last 3 years and its still going strong. my first lite started getting holes in it in a month

michihunt

Lil-Rokslider
I have the boxers, bottoms, 1/4 zip, and the original hoody. The items I have all run true to size except the hoody. Went up 2 sizes on that. Not sure if they fixed that with the new models. Durability has been good. My 1/4 zip did wear a few small holes where my pack belt rides but that’s after quite a few miles. I am very pleased with all my items. At the sale prices I find them to be great pieces for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put in an order. I did order the boxers before I seen your guys post. See how it turns out.

Call them first thing Monday morning, and ask about changing the size of the boxers. Their customer service is first class, and should be able to change it if the order hasn't shipped yet.

T28w

WKR
On sale I think they r a decent deal. Sizing as mentioned can be tricky.

I have the gloves and the 50/50 short sleeve shirts. I really like them. The only thing I don't like is they are made in China.

bruno59

WKR
I have been using their merino for a few years now has held up great i do have some boxers i'am a 32 waist and the mediums fit great but i don't have big legs

BigDawgWill44

Lil-Rokslider
I like their stuff, I do have to buy a size up in everything though. As most have said, the boxers suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk