Blacks Creek Canadian

J-Daddy

WKR
Anyone on here still use a BC Canadian pack??? I've gotta a smoking price on one I found "and I mean smoking"..Looking for something to elk hunt & mule deer hunt with but don't want to break the bank.

I gave mine to my dad and he is still using it. They are heavy but they work. I used it for 4 years before giving it to him. I did have to send it in once to fix a zipper but it was fixed free of charge and hasn't broke again. I hauled a boned out spike with it in two trips (7 miles per one way trip) and it worked but the load lifters are less than functional. It is very comfortable with 30 to 40 lbs max. Over that and you start feeling it. We have pack frames for the major meat hauling now. I would look at a lot of other packs first if you are planning to carry 50 lbs or more.

Hardstalk

WKR
I use mine all the time. No complaints. I like the small zip off bag. I can leave camp and carry that all day. The pack is ridiculously heavy when empty though somewhere around 8lbs i think.

I had one for a couple years and then sold it and bought a Mystery Ranch.

The Canadians have a few features I really liked, however they also had too many bells and whistles, which I felt added too much weight.

Still, not a bad pack.

OP
J-Daddy

J-Daddy

WKR
I ordered a new Canadian the other day...I know there are better options out there BUT for the price I got it for it was hard to pass up even if I don't love it...Let's just say it cost me about the same as 2 packs of most mechanical broadheads. For that price I couldn't pass it up.

OP
J-Daddy

J-Daddy

WKR
I got it in today...For the price it cost me I like it...I really haven't had time to mess with it much or put any weight in it but it's pretty comfortable with nothing in it and seems pretty well built. The small zip off day pack is kinda dumb really, it's so small it's not that handy to wear as a real day pack. But for the price it's a nice pack.