Blacks Creek Guide Gear

CHO

FNG
I have noticed that no one really talks about Blacks Creek packs. A buddy of mine is a pro staff for this company. I told him I was in the market for a new pack and he let me try his pack first. After trying it for my deer hunt last year I was in love with it. They are made in Nampa Idaho and are good quality packs. The pack that I got was "The Solution".

This is what the Grip Frame looks like.
45c882a16577f340f6ab200f50b9b911.png

FEATURES
- Unlimited Cubic Inches
- 4.3 lbs
- 1000D Cordura fabric construction
- Adjustable butterfly harness
- Articulating Shoulder Straps
- Adjustable Sternum Strap
- Military grade hardware
- YKK zippers
- Meat shelf
- 2 compression wings
- Internal frame (2 vertical stays & 2 horizontal stays)
- Carry Handle

There are different sized bags that you can buy and attach depending on the size that you want. Like I said the one I got was "the Solution" it easily zips on the the grip frame with ease. It looks like this when it's together.

8f3de07d343152cb05dac27ce14d93ed.png

FEATURES

4,800 Cubic Inches
8.1 lbs
1,000D Cordura and/or 3-layer Tricot fabric
Military grade hardware
YKK zippers
14 organizational pocket pockets
External optics pocket
Sleeping bag compartment
Detachable lid
Detachable day pack
Access main compartment from top & front
6 compression straps
Draw string weather collar top

I was able to use it this deer season and I am extremely happy with it. This was me (looking away) this year during my hunt.

715ba3e22d1213eb187c9290f9f12d68.jpg

If your in the market for a new pack I recommend taking a few minutes and look at this pack. You will not regret it.

Sorry for the long post this is my first post on gear. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to Rokslide. Some years ago (6?), I loved my Blacks Creek Alaskan, but that was for day hunt use, and before I bought my first Kifaru pack which was followed by an Exo (I still have and use both). 8+ pounds for a 4800 cubic inch pack is pretty heavy. In the picture you posted, the guy giving the thumbs up (you I assume), is wearing a pack with a frame that appears to be no higher than the shoulders and is getting no lift out of the "load lifters". Nice looking buck on your buddy's back, congrats on the deer.

OP
CHO

CHO

FNG
Welcome to Rokslide. Some years ago (6?), I loved my Blacks Creek Alaskan, but that was for day hunt use, and before I bought my first Kifaru pack which was followed by an Exo (I still have and use both). 8+ pounds for a 4800 cubic inch pack is pretty heavy. In the picture you posted, the guy giving the thumbs up (you I assume), is wearing a pack with a frame that appears to be no higher than the shoulders and is getting no lift out of the "load lifters". Nice looking buck on your buddy's back, congrats on the deer.

Thanks for the compliments on the deer that's actually me with the buck. I 100% agree with you on the weight of the pack. I did notice that the exo pack is way lighter. Anyway I just wanted to see if anyone else had any experience with the Blacks Creek Pack.

My son and I have the Blacks Creek Canadian packs and have had them for several years. I really like the pack and it is solidly built. I've hauled elk quarters in it and love the thing. Lots of pockets and very well thought out.

OP
CHO

CHO

FNG
My son and I have the Blacks Creek Canadian packs and have had them for several years. I really like the pack and it is solidly built. I've hauled elk quarters in it and love the thing. Lots of pockets and very well thought out.

Yes there is packets everywhere and straps everywhere. They all have there purpose though that's what I like about it.

danarnold

WKR
I had a Jim Bridger?? Blacks Creek, lotsa useful storage areas, nice pack unless you haul a quarter in it, I sold it and got a Kifaru after hauling meat once... definitely not the same design as the one pictured above, mine was heavy also tho

OP
CHO

CHO

FNG
I had a Jim Bridger?? Blacks Creek, lotsa useful storage areas, nice pack unless you haul a quarter in it, I sold it and got a Kifaru after hauling meat once... definitely not the same design as the one pictured above, mine was heavy also tho

Sounds like everyone loves Kifaru. I never looked into those packs. I have no idea why.

FWIW, a buddy and I just went on a pretty long (and fruitless) trip for blackbear in NorCal. I had a Kifaru Mountain Warrior, and my friend had the Kuiu Icon Pro 5200. We covered just over 55 miles in 6 days. Long story.

Anyhow, we swapped packs around a lot, and it really seemed like the Kifaru was the best of the group. We also really liked the Kuiu pack, and for the price point it was a great deal for my buddy. The weight between the two wasn't wildly different, but the Kifaru waist belt felt way more comfortable to lug around all day, and all the buckles and such on the Icon pro were a bit annoying when going for a tripod/spotting scope, etc.

I hauled out two A zone blacktail and three wild pigs (shorter hauls for the pigs...about 1-2 miles each time) with the Kifaru this past season, and given the experiences, I don't think I'd go with any other pack at this point.

OP
CHO

CHO

FNG
FWIW, a buddy and I just went on a pretty long (and fruitless) trip for blackbear in NorCal. I had a Kifaru Mountain Warrior, and my friend had the Kuiu Icon Pro 5200. We covered just over 55 miles in 6 days. Long story.

Anyhow, we swapped packs around a lot, and it really seemed like the Kifaru was the best of the group. We also really liked the Kuiu pack, and for the price point it was a great deal for my buddy. The weight between the two wasn't wildly different, but the Kifaru waist belt felt way more comfortable to lug around all day, and all the buckles and such on the Icon pro were a bit annoying when going for a tripod/spotting scope, etc.

I hauled out two A zone blacktail and three wild pigs (shorter hauls for the pigs...about 1-2 miles each time) with the Kifaru this past season, and given the experiences, I don't think I'd go with any other pack at this point.

I'm really happy with my pack but the next time I'm in the market I'm going to definitely look into Kifaru.