Blacktail bucks

gonhunting247

Yes. If these guys make it to 4+ years old they can really get hefty. He was super fat. Just about time for them to start burning it all back off in the rut soon

roosiebull

Yes. If these guys make it to 4+ years old they can really get hefty. He was super fat. Just about time for them to start burning it all back off in the rut soon
Body size like that doesn’t happen like that everywhere, that buck is a tank. I know of just a couple pockets of deer like that

I think it was 2011 my buddy killed that monster that was 167 4/8” net, that buck was 7.5yrs, he was maybe 145-150lbs live

my biggest bow buck was 6.5yrs, 3x3 that was just shy of 133” and he was for sure under 150lbs... not too far away, in one drainage, my sis in law killed a 6.5yr old, I killed a 4.5 and 5.5yr olds that were giants

gonhunting247

Body size like that doesn’t happen like that everywhere, that buck is a tank. I know of just a couple pockets of deer like that

I think it was 2011 my buddy killed that monster that was 167 4/8” net, that buck was 7.5yrs, he was maybe 145-150lbs live

my biggest bow buck was 6.5yrs, 3x3 that was just shy of 133” and he was for sure under 150lbs... not too far away, in one drainage, my sis in law killed a 6.5yr old, I killed a 4.5 and 5.5yr olds that were giants
Heck ya, those are all great bucks you listed. To me if a buck makes it past 4, he's almost a whole different animal to try and kill :). Tagging any buck that old or older is an accomplishment in my opinion.
Yes, he's a bruiser. Over the years we've killed a few this hefty and even a bit bigger, but that's not the norm.
I definitely agree that large body and antler size or even age don't necessarily go together. Just going through this thread its amazing to see all the great bucks and all the variations in characteristics.