Blacktail bucks

Thanks for the Thread Blacktail Packer. It's fun to see all these great bucks. Congrats to everyone that posted! I don't think there is any big game I have more respect for than a mature blacktail buck after he turns 3-4 years old! :)

South Mendo

spsFUFR.jpg

OP
Blacktail_Packer
Thanks for the Thread Blacktail Packer. It's fun to see all these great bucks. Congrats to everyone that posted! I don't think there is any big game I have more respect for than a mature blacktail buck after he turns 3-4 years old! :)
Not a problem. I don’t get near as much time chasing them as I used to and I wanted more time then. Gotta do what you can to scratch the Blacktail itch

Awesome bucks posted!

Mamba- Beautiful buck and that cape is awesome. Did you have him mounted?

Thanks guys, hes a 5x3 if you count his kicker. I'll try and get a better picture. Big body on him to. Hes at the taxadermist now, hopefully get him back soon.
Public land deer.

JNDEER

WKR
Great deer!

If you are the same mamba from LS.... holy crap man- that is a toad of a blacky!!!!! What’s the story on him. Mid season or end of rifle season?

Great deer!

If you are the same mamba from LS.... holy crap man- that is a toad of a blacky!!!!! What’s the story on him. Mid season or end of rifle season?

That's me. Last day of B zone trying to get Chad P (pictured above ) a Buck.
Decided to try a small valley that looked promising . Only saw half a rack and small section of vital area through the timber. Weve pulled out big deer from the area but this is the biggest so far
CSwR76t.jpg

A zone. Not big deer, but all three were killed within one hour of each other. It was an epic morning with the pre-rut in full swing

How do you like hunting our little deer compared to whitetail?

It’s a completely different game. I miss big mountains and intense pack outs but I love being able to hunt oct-December and getting 6 deer tags. Whitetail is more about how you hunt than having a honey hole because deer are everywhere here, unlike in CA. They’re both awesome critters and I wouldn’t give up either of them

Elkeatr

FNG
We don’t have a meat pole thread so I figured I’d toss these up. Our camp cook w/a big 4x4 View attachment 86156
My first Archery buck and biggest forkView attachment 86147
Cooks 4x againView attachment 86148
Found him killed by car 30 yds from my driveway after chasing him for 2 seasonsView attachment 86149
My first big buckView attachment 86150
First buckView attachment 86151
Field shot of big moView attachment 86152
My dad and one of our partners circa 80 something View attachment 86153
Dads big 3View attachment 86154
Cook another 4View attachment 86155
Great post thanks for sharing!