Blacktail bucks

MeatBuck

WKR
19 wide 16.5 tall. Super heavy horned. Gross 124ish, net 119ish. Public land. Best buck to date.
Never did a write up on this deer like I usually do(used to do on btc.com).
Guess I'll write up the story in the next day or two. It's a good one.

OP
Blacktail_Packer
Who was your taxidermist?
19 wide 16.5 tall. Super heavy horned. Gross 124ish, net 119ish. Public land. Best buck to date.
Never did a write up on this deer like I usually do(used to do on btc.com).
Guess I'll write up the story in the next day or two. It's a good one.

Or.hunter

WKR
67d9b54ef68fb5ce0fe442aa44900bd8.jpg
My daughters first Oregon blacktail. 10 years old. 197 yard shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

some flat out awesome bucks in this thread!!! i'll dig up a few pics from our last few years. I think I like chasing blacktails more than anything, roosies are a very close second, but if we had a full freezer going into season, and I could only hunt one, it would be blacktails… seeing a mature blacktail from October on never gets old, they are the prettiest critter in the woods with their winter coats.

jesse buck.jpgjess buck.jpg
this one I watched die, long story, but a cool one. this was my first season rifle hunting bucks, and this was the buck i was after, he lived on a west facing ridge... a big series of storms came through and the deer vanished from there, and i ended up killing a buck at a different spot. i grew up with this guy, and he was just starting to work with us, and we were heading out of town on this day... last minute work was pushed back a day, so i asked him if he wanted to go hunt, and this was the result of that evening. he ended up netting 167" and some change.... incredible buck

2017blacktail.jpgthis is my 2017 buck, just across canyon from where I killed my buck the next year, this buck was 4.5yrs old, and my 18' buck was 5.5yrs old... certainly similar genes with these bucks. this one was 18" wide which is pretty darn good for a coast buck.

we have killed a few bucks in this area, and they are all monster bodied bucks. the 2 biggest bodied bucks I have seen were in this area... my 2018 buck and my sis in law's first ever buck in 2010 I think. my buck last year my taxi claimed was the biggest bodied deer he has seen in over 10yrs. this buck was no slouch body wise for a 4.5yr old.... he made for a heavy pack

2015 Oregon Cascades blacktail. Bio aged him at 5 1/2.View attachment 135078
dude!!! stud blacktail with an awesome lever gun resting on him, that is such a cool pic! beautiful buck and rifle!

I would like to hunt the cascades some time, it's neat country. sounds like there aren't a ton of deer up there, but there sure are some dandies when you do find them.

Here’s one my oldest son killed a few years back on a late youth tag in the cascades. Aged by ODFW at 6-1/2. View attachment 111899
View attachment 111901

We both had tags that day, mine was a smoke pole tag. Right before dark I got this guy to complete the double on one of the more fun days I’ve had in the woods.

View attachment 111902View attachment 111903
i'm still jealous of that massive forky your son killed, that is a sweet buck! it's cool seeing all of the regional characteristics.... every area has it's own thing going on with antlers. I would love to kill a big palmed out buck some day, but I have only seen one around here and it was a young lion kill.... would have turned into a very special buck I think.