Blacktail bucks

NWBLKTAIL

FNG
Former Oregon resident, got another year until I move back for good. Really missing blacktails, and am incredibly jealous of you guys chasing them. Just want to see some pictures of bucks and success.
Thanks

Blacktailaddiction

Lil-Rokslider
ff3185f877805aa83ed1756615262e8d.jpg

Evans creek buck this year super tall 3pt no eye guards, snuck up to him in his bed to 50 yards at 5 pm. First black tail after years of trying! He’s wide too that picture just doesn’t show it as well. Looking forward to this thread!

check out the blacktail success thread, and the "blacktail bucks" thread that's probably a few pages back.... lots of great bucks in those threads.... i have looked through the "blacktail bucks" thread a few times, it's a great thread, check it out.

i love chasing blacktails.... love hearing blacktail hunting stories, seeing pics... it's all awesome. i miss it already. i have grown up and hunted the central Or coast my whole life, and like the area, but we just closed on a house in Brookings, so i get to start over down there dialing in blacktails and roosies. we are keeping our house here, and also keeping it vacant, so i can have a good hunting base camp here too. i'm looking forward to learning some new country! i also have roots here i'm not willing to give up. i have miles of national forest land behind my house, and it's a great access to a lot of country i have hunted for years.... i will be hunting here in september! there is a beast of a bull i saw after i killed mine, and i am going to hunt him if he's still alive. love the Oregon coast.... as much as people say it sucks here, i love it. it would take a pretty special elk tag to get me off of the coast in September.... Weneha is the only elk tag i would leave the coast for in this state.

early welcome back!

OP
NWBLKTAIL

NWBLKTAIL

FNG
check out the blacktail success thread, and the "blacktail bucks" thread that's probably a few pages back.... lots of great bucks in those threads.... i have looked through the "blacktail bucks" thread a few times, it's a great thread, check it out.

i love chasing blacktails.... love hearing blacktail hunting stories, seeing pics... it's all awesome. i miss it already. i have grown up and hunted the central Or coast my whole life, and like the area, but we just closed on a house in Brookings, so i get to start over down there dialing in blacktails and roosies. we are keeping our house here, and also keeping it vacant, so i can have a good hunting base camp here too. i'm looking forward to learning some new country! i also have roots here i'm not willing to give up. i have miles of national forest land behind my house, and it's a great access to a lot of country i have hunted for years.... i will be hunting here in september! there is a beast of a bull i saw after i killed mine, and i am going to hunt him if he's still alive. love the Oregon coast.... as much as people say it sucks here, i love it. it would take a pretty special elk tag to get me off of the coast in September.... Weneha is the only elk tag i would leave the coast for in this state.

early welcome back!
I’m a coastal native as well far nw corner, good luck on the new area. The coast is a special place to live and hunt. I live vicariously through my hunting buddies and family back home, excited to get back to it. Thanks for the thread recommendation

89DED1F8-8653-4BC1-BFC8-C3333A97DE7A.jpeg
I love hunting blacktails too. Especially on a dark, rainy day.
This is a Wa buck from a few years ago. Heavy set and really stocky. Took him in a lowland swamp near a river on a day when it was raining so hard it set records. His hooves were small and the tips were long and crossed, like he’d never stepped on a hard surface in his life. We named him Pablo Escobar.

_Tyler_

FNG
My WA blacktail from this year after drawing a quality tag. Had him on trail cam a couple days before my hunt. Honestly didn’t expect to see him, but the rut makes them vulnerable as he was chasing two does.

Attachments

• 145678CB-136B-4379-8842-8AE8D1F3DA62.jpeg
    145678CB-136B-4379-8842-8AE8D1F3DA62.jpeg
    890.3 KB · Views: 46
  • BEBED43F-2084-4C6A-B2FB-5B6F1E9B2C2F.jpeg
    BEBED43F-2084-4C6A-B2FB-5B6F1E9B2C2F.jpeg
    438 KB · Views: 43
  • 3325707F-AE84-4A2B-A677-0B56976BC300.jpeg
    3325707F-AE84-4A2B-A677-0B56976BC300.jpeg
    465.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 06DCFD35-6B58-47E9-A1EC-10068E67A3FD.jpeg
    06DCFD35-6B58-47E9-A1EC-10068E67A3FD.jpeg
    418.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 164EBC16-EA72-4568-9DC9-D41F5C826956.png
    164EBC16-EA72-4568-9DC9-D41F5C826956.png
    774.9 KB · Views: 40
  • E5F85E26-4A72-4D2D-815F-3FD286B14124.png
    E5F85E26-4A72-4D2D-815F-3FD286B14124.png
    863.8 KB · Views: 43
OP
NWBLKTAIL

NWBLKTAIL

FNG
My WA blacktail from this year after drawing a quality tag. Had him on trail cam a couple days before my hunt. Honestly didn’t expect to see him, but the rut makes them vulnerable as he was chasing two does.
That’s a dandy, did you turn him up still hunting?

_Tyler_

FNG
So we hunting the area he was in for two days. We walked about a half mile up an old road where 2 does where known to hang out. Grunted for a bit and didn’t see or hear anything, however it was pouring rain. We walked back and took our card out of our camera and walked back to the truck. We checked the camera with our computer and only saw a doe on it. As we were going to leave, we looked right where we came from and saw 3 deer walking toward us with him in the back with his nose down following the does. He gave me a shot as he was trying to run away and was found about 20 yards from where he was hit. Time was about 9am on November 5th.

Love hunting Blacktail deer been doing it for most of 40yrs now, when I found the Blacktail threads on here just had to join. Born and mostly raised in the S Sound, hunted Blacktails with family a friends for many years. Seems impossible to get a permit for timber company land where I grew up hunting, which is fine as the state does a better job managing forest where deer are concerned anyways. Miss family, friends and Blacktail deer hunting but my wife and I are settled on the Eastside now, we will visit family from time to time but we never see ourselves moving back. Made a trip over for hunting in late October and killed the first buck to come along. Started working for SW in north Spokane in early November but will always take time off and make the drive to hunt public land Blacktail, they are most worthy of my time and effort. It looks like I'm not the only one on here with a Blacktail addiction, keeps me pumped for next year seeing the pics and reading the stories.paul 3.jpg

Last edited:
Fantastic Washington buck!