Blacktail Wa?

Elkangle

WKR
Yeah it was a year Olds...I've spent like 25-30miles since crawling around in the jungle looking for more but no luck...BT shed hunting is by far the most humbling hobby I can think of

Border line insanity

Aginor

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone hunt the High buck in the Olympics?

I do. It’s hard to spot and stalk with how thick it is, but there are places where it’s possible. Also, there are certain areas where the only human exposure deer get is to backpackers, so they’re not at all skittish. Hell, I walked amongst a herd of does in 621 during high buck the day I shot mine. When I did find my buck, I shot him from 21 yards and he knew I was there the entire time

Aginor

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone hunt Mt. Baker wilderness during high buck for blacktails/ benchleg?

I hunted bear in Mt Baker Wilderness the three weekends before high buck. I was scouting it out to see if I wanted to hunt the high buck there, but ultimately decided to come back to 621. All I saw up there was elk sign

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone hunt Mt. Baker wilderness during high buck for blacktails/ benchleg?
I know some guys that do and they say it's tough going, but there are some good bucks up there in the alpine.

I think it gets hammered pretty hard since it's so close for Whatcom/Skagit folks.

Aginor

Lil-Rokslider
I know some guys that do and they say it's tough going, but there are some good bucks up there in the alpine.

I think it gets hammered pretty hard since it's so close for Whatcom/Skagit folks.

That and the amount of hikers

Yeah a guy at work was just telling me he was packing out a bear last year and was accosted by some Bellingham-types on his way down.

I’ve had people ask me what I’m hunting and when I tell them bears they always look surprised bc they had no idea there were bears up there. I’ve had people ask what we do when we catch them, and we tell them we try our best to not catch them bc it wouldn’t end well for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aginor

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah a guy at work was just telling me he was packing out a bear last year and was accosted by some Bellingham-types on his way down.

I shot a grouse up on Park Butte while bear hunting and found my way back to a trail to get back to my car. Dirty looks at the shotgun aside, multiple groups of people stopped and asked what I was doing and it was about 50/50 disgust that I shot a forest chicken and intrigue that I shot my own dinner. You just never know what you’re going to get in this state

Today I was eating lunch on the beach and I watched four Blacktail does walk through a culvert under a busy road and pop out on the beach about 50yds away. Really interesting what these deer are comfortable with.

You learn how to be a blacktail hunter in September and October. November is just cheating lol but that will be a super fun tag for sure. I've drawn 2 November blacktail tags and killed nice 3 points both times. The first week is the best, peak rut can be very tough, and the last few days can be good too. 3rd week of November is when it starts getting tough again.

621 is an any deer unit for early archery season. Im new to hunting but have seen quite a few deer over the past two years and there's plenty of land to hunt on.

JP3

FNG
Very late post from last season, but hunted hard during the alpine season in Glacier Peak. Never saw a single deer (where my buddy saw several bucks two weeks prior while bear hunting.) I did fill my 2nd bear tag, though.

I did manage to shoot this yard deer at a friend's in 407 during the late modern. Had some help skinning him out... Tractor pack out was also a lot easier than a high hunt buck would've been.

Attachments

• 20201119_080622.jpg
    20201119_080622.jpg
    850.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 20201119_083630.jpg
    20201119_083630.jpg
    774.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 20201119_122028.jpg
    20201119_122028.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 54