Blacktail Wa?

hypnolope

FNG
Some big deer for sure! Need to start getting in shape if I get lucky to find some of these out and about.

Curious to see what he turns into with a few more weeks of growth.

0tIMkrl.jpg
WsCO1Rn.jpg

OP
Jason277

Jason277

WKR
Do you guys think the rut might be a little later with all this heat we are having? Just not seeing the rubs yet as I have in the past couple of years....

Eastfork

FNG
Do you guys think the rut might be a little later with all this heat we are having? Just not seeing the rubs yet as I have in the past couple of years....
Very weird weather… very weird fall so far. I agree I haven’t seen rubs like I normally do, and also usually I have more buck activity around my apple trees by this time of year but it does seem lacking, but that is mostly like due to it just being so dang warm they aren’t moving around as much…..

Blacktail hunting in October when it's sunny is practically pointless, unfortunately. Pray for rain! Long term forecast right now looks terrible, unless youre planning on doing yard work.

OP
Jason277

Jason277

WKR
Blacktail hunting in October when it's sunny is practically pointless, unfortunately. Pray for rain! Long term forecast right now looks terrible, unless youre planning on doing yard work.
I have shot two nice bucks both on Sunny cloudless days when it was 65 degrees . I couldn't believe it!

I have shot two nice bucks both on Sunny cloudless days when it was 65 degrees . I couldn't believe it!
Wow, nice. In 25 years tho or what? Lol. When I was a kid my Dad would wake me up early if it was raining and let me sleep in if it was sunny, I now do the same with my wife when she has a tag

OP
Jason277

Jason277

WKR
Wow, nice. In 25 years tho or what? Lol. When I was a kid my Dad would wake me up early if it was raining and let me sleep in if it was sunny, I now do the same with my wife when she has a tag
two years ago back to back. Rutted-up bucks don't care if it's raining

landis07

FNG
Definitely been a different fall and yes less buck rubs and such but with the fire that’s burning through and smoke and heat it’s not a wonder why
I never really worry much until the last couple days of October especially with the forecast coming in . This state really screwed the pooch with how they did the multi season leftover tags , I think it’s going to a 5th drawing now ….

There supposed to be snow at 4,000 ft elevation so it should be fun
Good luck and keep posted !!
Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AllPNW

FNG
Anyone have tips for youth and black tails. My son and daughter drew multi-season tags this year. My son tagged on during archery on a mule deer, but daughter is 11 and doesn't quite the strength for bow season. We did a solid hunt for muzzleloader in NE Wa, but came up short. We are planning on focusing on late season in western Wa for black tail.

landis07

FNG
The late muzzy season in 448 is fantastic especially with how things are running a little later then usual hit the south facing clearcuts and you’ll be in them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk