Bladder options in backpacks - easy to access your bladder and not too squashed?

Mjprohoroff

Lil-Rokslider
This year I used a kuiu stalker 500 and strapped it to the outside of my pack. It was great for getting in and out with a loaded pack. There is enough space in it for a 3 liter bladder, my kill kit, swayer and first aid kit. I could pop it off and wear it for a stock or just take it Down the mountain when I need to refill water. Worked very slick and only added like 8 oz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tempe.243

FNG
I really like my Source Tactical 3L in the sleeve of my EXO K2. I bought their UTA and can fill without removing the bladder. I bring a 1.5L SmartWater and use that bottle to fill the bladder and keep track of how full the bladder is. The bladder is not the lightest but strudy.

Cng

Lil-Rokslider
I ran out of water about a 1/8 mile into a loaded-down pack out. When I stopped for a break a couple of miles later, it dawned on me that I may have smashed my bladder when I cinched the meat down. I dug it out of my pack and, sure enough, there was another half to 3/4 of a liter left. Best water I've ever tasted.

I've got a MR daypack lid, so I switched the bladder up there, and that will be my plan for future pack outs. I don't like a bladder up in the lid most of the time because I prefer the weight centered on my back, and it seems to slosh around more in the lid, but it's a nice option for when you need it.