Bladder size

I usually carry a 1L bottle that I can filter with using the steripen and then a 2L bladder. I have thrown in a second 2L bladder on a few scouting trips and early season hunts where water is scarce, or just a long way down hill. I would like to find a fabric ultralight water bag that could hold 6 or so liters for hanging up a camp for cooking and drinking throughout the night and the next morning to avoid the trips to the creek.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I run a 3L or 4L when I am running a bladder.

In a couple areas with lots of water, I just take a Nalgene and the steripen. Really cuts down on pack weight.

I have a 2L Source, a 4L Dromlite with hydration kit, and a 10 L Drom bag that I use. I'll probably roll with just the 4L and the 10L for camp water this year like I did last year. Although I prefer the source2L over the 2 MSR bladders I have. IT doesn't have any nasty taste problems like some of the MSRs. I also take a nalgene bottle with me. Serves a lot of purposes and I normally use it for measuring out how much water to put into my meals.

OP
lintond

lintond

WKR
Thanks for the input! I'm starting to gear up for my first back country bivy hunt.