Blaze orange pack - unobtanium

meta_gabbro

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the DIY camp on this one. Ripstop by the Roll sells a few blaze orange waterproof fabrics, and with a half-yard you can easily make two pack panels; slap some self-adhesive velcro or punch some holes and stick loops of shock cord in there and you've got a huge chunk of orange. I took it a step further and made a sack out of mine; now if I get an animal down I can move a bunch of my other gear to the exterior of my pack and free up more room in the main cavity for meat while still keeping all my shit dry. I think it was $5 of fabric, $3 of shock cord, and $3 of Velcro total.

If they can’t see the orange vest and hat you have on, I somehow don’t see the blaze pack helping keeping you safe 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

meta_gabbro

Lil-Rokslider
If they can’t see the orange vest and hat you have on, I somehow don’t see the blaze pack helping keeping you safe 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Well, from the rear there's a pretty good chance your pack covers your vest and hat, so it makes sense to add equivalent coverage to it for when you have it on, doesn't it?

Well, from the rear there's a pretty good chance your pack covers your vest and hat, so it makes sense to add equivalent coverage to it for when you have it on, doesn't it?
I've seen some guys with a vest on to make them legal. Then, they put on their backpack, chest rig, sling, etc. over the vest and you can't see any orange at all.

Haggin

Lil-Rokslider
T&K (no affiliation, just get their emails) opened up their orders for various colors of daypacks, including florescent orange.

As mentioned FHF makes a panel. They also make their bino harness and their chest rig in blaze and you can add the blaze orange shoulder strap coverings to both.

mahnster

FNG
I use the orange aglow panel mentioned earlier. It's cheap, lightweight and can be put on pretty much anything.