Blaze Orange

OP
justinspicher
I don’t know how many states allow a non continuous amount of blaze orange. Therefore the inferno lineup can be deemed “illegal”.

The folks at Canis td me they have a lineup they are getting ready to release in blaze orange. Didnt say when though.

So far Patagonia has been my go to for blaze orange outerwear.

Buy this and you’ll have the best Blaze Orange hunting vest you could ever want and it’s $4.39 shipped free to your front door. Or you can even find it at WallyWorld or Academy.

I personally want nothing to do with a high dollar performance branded vest. Waste of money. This dries quickly when wet, won’t make your hot. Can be wadded up into a ball the size of your hand. If it gets shredded, buy another. I have had mine for 10 yrs without any issues.

Last edited:

jd1006

WKR
I don’t disagree with the vest option. In states that require more orange than that, it can be difficult. I grabbed a Mammut windstopper soft shell in orange and it appears to be a great option for me and much cheaper than the only other jacket option i am aware of (sitka stratus). I like to layer and be on the move. The big orange jackets you can buy at all the sporting good retailers just collect burrs and get hot.

rifletuner

Lil-Rokslider
I hunt predominantly on public land which has a reasonable amount of hunting pressure. A lot of where I hunt is thick country that limits visibility. We have no blaze laws in Australia, but I want to be visible in this environment, so chose to wear blaze on my upper body (not so worried about the lower body as its mostly in cover).

In cooler weather (by Aussie standards) I wear a Swazi "Sirius" which is a slightly tweaked version of "the Hood". Under that I wear a blaze camo long sleeved shirt. And in warmer weather I have a light weight ventilated long sleeve blaze camo shirt. I dont see a down side, but see plenty of up side to being visible.

It would be great have more choice, and particularly more blaze camo, but its still quite limited in Australia. And for some reason the major guys like kuiu, sitka and FL have very little blaze or blaze camo available.

Photos of my son in the Sirius and the warm weather top:

unnamed-53.jpg

unnamed-56.jpg

I would like a fleece or similar type synthetic jacket with a full zip, pit zips, and camo or earth tone sleeves.

Buy this and you’ll have the best Blaze Orange hunting vest you could ever want and it’s $4.39 shipped free to your front door. Or you can even find it at WallyWorld or Academy.

I personally want nothing to do with a high dollar performance branded vest. Waste of money. This dries quickly when wet, won’t make your hot. Can be wadded up into a ball the size of your hand. If it gets shredded, buy another. I have had mine for 10 yrs without any issues.