Blazer Heat Vanes w/ Helical?

Gumbo

WKR
So I bought some Blazer Heats to try and they are STIFF!!! I was wanting to run them in a helical configuration using a Bitz on .204 shafts but they don't really seem to like being twisted. Does anyone run them on this size shaft with a bitz helical clamp? How about an offset config? And do they fly well? I should mention I was intrigued with these because I didn't like the amount of "memory" Vanetecs had after being bent while passing through a target or by me grabbing them to pull them out.

Thanks!

Gumbo I shot them on axis shafts fletcher originally with a bitzenburger right helical. I played with the offset until they would sit on the shaft well and the corners would stay glued down. Shot them at 60 with ATAC heads and field point and both were in the bigger white dot on a matrix multiple times. Since then I’ve been trying the AAE jig that does all 3 at once with the 3” arms. The heat vanes take the helical fine and stay glued on. Memory will not be a problem especially with any helical they just act stiffer. Currently playing with varying amounts of helical and offset including direction or offset and helical and a few vane sizes for next year.

OP
Gumbo

Gumbo

WKR
Gumbo I shot them on axis shafts fletcher originally with a bitzenburger right helical. I played with the offset until they would sit on the shaft well and the corners would stay glued down. Shot them at 60 with ATAC heads and field point and both were in the bigger white dot on a matrix multiple times. Since then I’ve been trying the AAE jig that does all 3 at once with the 3” arms. The heat vanes take the helical fine and stay glued on. Memory will not be a problem especially with any helical they just act stiffer. Currently playing with varying amounts of helical and offset including direction or offset and helical and a few vane sizes for next year.

THANK YOU! I am having a little trouble with the middle left edge getting enough contact with any measurable amount of helical. I will keep trying.

Yeah I didn’t have a lot of offset on top of the helical bits clamp which is why I tried the ARizona EZ fletch which really puts a helical on them. Looks almost like a boat prop

OP
Gumbo

Gumbo

WKR
Yeah I didn’t have a lot of offset on top of the helical bits clamp which is why I tried the ARizona EZ fletch which really puts a helical on them. Looks almost like a boat prop

The bitz seems really limited in helical, I've got mine absolutely maxed on .204s with the vanetecs, which are pretty soft, and it looks similar to the 3* setting on my vanemaster.