Blazer Vanes Best color for finding in the woods after the shot "Poll"

Non Natural/ Easy to find color

• Total voters

kicker338

WKR
Lose the illuminated nocks, and get a reflective wrap from arrowrap.com. You can get flo wraps that are extremely reflective, and a light from a flashlight will make them shine like the sun, even in daylight. The flo colors make them easy to see without the reflection, too. Then put whatever vanes you want on the wrap.

2x on that, I forgot to mention that, I use the silver reflector tape used on truck trailers.

HookUp

WKR
2 pink, 2 whites with a white wrap. I used to run chartreuse to many yellow leaves.

If you are looking to find what is easiest for you to see, as in flight or on the ground, that will be different for every person. You would need to put some feathers, in plain and flourescent, out in the woods and see what YOUR EYE sees best. Some people swear by white, some by yellow, and others believe it or not by red.

NaturalJon

Lil-Rokslider
6a90cc73563297dbf5f69856dd72c437.jpg

I’ve been happy with these. Also easy to see on a target down range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
BRTreedogs
Lose the illuminated nocks, and get a reflective wrap from arrowrap.com. You can get flo wraps that are extremely reflective, and a light from a flashlight will make them shine like the sun, even in daylight. The flo colors make them easy to see without the reflection, too. Then put whatever vanes you want on the wrap.

Considering this more and more. I'm just going to build a few of each & test. Any idea what the reflective wraps weigh per inch?

Boreal

WKR
I don't know weight per inch, but from my experience they were not noticeably different from any other wraps. I'm sure the folks at arrowrap.com would be able to tell you.

OP
BRTreedogs
Thanks.
I checked into the reflective wrap and they are crazy heavy.
I think I'd rather just shoot the lighted knock.
But once the new bow comes in I'm gonna build 3 of each size of arrow and to some testing to see how much foc plays apart of my exact setup.
It will be a couple months at least tho.
But I have settled on 2 pink one neon green.

i really like white reflective wraps. great for seeing in flight esp at longer range. i run reflective white wraps with 2 black 1 white vane on one setup and all white vanes with a white non reflective wrap on the other arrow setup on my backup bow. the reflective wraps are super nice esp at night. really stick out. if i drop my pack at dusk for a stalk i leave an arrow with the pack poking nock end up so its easy to spot. i hunt a lot of thick grass and brush and the white really stands out the best for me. easy to read blood too.

I checked into the reflective wrap and they are crazy heavy.

huh? get the 7 inch reflective ones on ebay and cut them in half. you get 2 for the price of one. once i cut the reflective ones in half to 3.5 inches they weigh 7 grains. the non reflective ones weigh 4 grains. not sure what you mean by crazy heavy.

OP
BRTreedogs
The arrowrap.com ones are 3.5 per inch
4" wrap is 14 + the standard knock is 6 so total 20 grains. That lumenock is only 24.
Sounds like u found some lighter reflective ones.