Blind Reviews

I ended up with three antelope tags for the season all in the same unit. I will be taking a buddy on a combined mule deer/goat hunt during the week in October I have set aside. I’m feeling like punching all of my tags during this time might not be ideal so I am looking for feedback on where to look when it comes to blinds for the early archery season. On all my trips I will be planning to drive out to the unit the night before, hike into some spots I’ve seen them water in September/October (mainly .75-2.5 miles) before sun up and then sit until dark. Probably drove home that night.

Setup speed, portability and concealment are my priorities. Comfort is less so as I’ll probably never use it more than 1-2 days in a row.

Any input?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no experience with any of them, but I've been giving that Muddy Infinity 2 man a lot of attention lately. I almost exclusively stillhunt in the NE, but thinking about setting one out for the days when we have lots of rain, instead of getting soaked. Or drinking beer all day back at camp. Did I really just say that?:LOL: At least I'd be out in the woods and dry.

That Infinity is a pop up, so should be quick and easy. Also has customizable window openings with 1 way mesh over them and total blackout interior. They also have brush loops above and below the windows for concealment. Camofire has them on sale, at substantial savings, about every other week or so.

Might be worth checking out....

HiMtnHntr

WKR
Antelope can be pretty picky when it comes to tolerating blinds. If something is not quite right, especially if they have other choices, hunting can be fruitless. Choose a blind that has a tough, nonreflective fabric. I like ones that have loops to attach natural vegetation. None of them are perfect. The best one I have is an old primos groundmax.

Jimss

WKR
I would agree with HMH in regard to antelope watering elsewhere if spooked by a blind and there are other water sources close. If there is no other water you ought to do fine. Mature bucks are tougher to get to come in quicker than does, fawns, and young bucks. If you can go during the hottest, driest period that will also help. Make sure they don't see or smell you hiking into your blind. I'd also try to set up the blind so the sun and wind are in a good position. The darker the inside of your blind the better. Some blind material is so thin that antelope can see movement through it when the sun hits it.

It sounds like you may be hunting Wyo? Just remember the Wyo wind can tear up a portable blind in a matter of minutes. Most blinds will end up in Nebraska 2 days into having them set up. Obviously the better blinds that are solid will likely weigh more....and it sounds like you want to pack it in quite a ways? The smaller the water source the better. The antelope will likely water the furthest distance from a blind possible....and across the body of water so they can watch. Smart bucks often circle a blind prior to watering and sometimes lay down for a few hours watching the waterhole before watering.

There are so many tips that you will likely pick up as you go. It's usually not as easy as some may expect. If you are super picky it may take an entire season to have all the stars align.

OP
Whiskey_Fish
I’m mainly utilizing it to fill some doe tags on this first go with it. I do plan to pack it in, Hunt and pack it out same day. I am in WY and only live three hours from the spot so it will get a fair bit of use, but spread out across the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk