Blisters 1 Week Before Trip

TX_Diver

WKR
Wore some old muck boots around over the weekend doing misc. stuff with our animals.

Didn't realize til later that they were killing my feet and now I have nice blister on the inside/bottom of my heel, and one under my big toe.

On Friday I'm leaving to go on an elk hunt.

Looking for any suggestions on what to do in the meantime with them that will help my feet to be healed up before my trip.

Happy to provide any more info too as I haven't dealt with blisters very much fortunately!

MtnMuley

WKR
Too late for leukotape. Double Moleskin with the size of the blister cut out of the center.

Rob5589

WKR
pickle brine....soak foot in that.
Do you eat the pickles first, or after?

Pad around them with moleskin, go easy on your feet, don't let them get sweaty and slip around in your shoe/boot.

Personally, I'd disinfect the area, pop and drain, use some Neosporin, keep them clean and dry, pad with moleskin. I had a deep one on my heel about 4 months ago and that sucker was a pita for about 2 weeks until I drained it. Day or two later I was all good.

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
+1 on what xcutter said! Solid advice. Take a little tube of Neosporin with you just in case. Good luck on your hunt!

*zap*

WKR
Do you eat the pickles first, or after?
It does not matter what you do with the pickles..Athletes have used dill pickle brine to heal blisters for a very long time, most notably Nolan Ryan. The water/salt/vinegar combo makes them heal fast. The results have been proven time and again.

Neosporin will keep it from getting infected but you want it to heal.....nothing is better than dill pickle brine, period. Some pitchers have covered blisters with crazyglue...

Lukotape is a very good cover.....but will not help heal a blister.

Last edited:

Andouille

Lil-Rokslider
You might bring a few Band-Aid HYDRO SEAL® BLISTER HEEL CUSHIONS just in case your blisters aren't healed fully or reappear. I've had great luck with these bandaids and they can stay on for quite a while as they are breathable, plus they stick nicely around the blister and protect from chafing.