Blitzenburger fletching Jig Question

aggieland

WKR
I own a Blitz and it's a "R" Helical model. I was wondering it I want to do some "L" helical work can I just buy a left clamp and make that work or do you have to buy a whole new setup? Thanks for any advice, Casey

OP
aggieland

aggieland

WKR
One more question. Do I also need the little dial? I have the dial-o-fletch. Or will just using the new clamp work? Some sites seem suggest you need the new L Dial as well.

With any luck you made it work...however, if you've struggled here's why: No matter what jig and/or receiver you use NEVER glue the nocks on. A slight clock-wise turn will secure the nock to the shaft. Once done fletching, remove the nock and then glue/align the nock. No matter what anyone one says (including the company...and trust me these are great jigs!) the nock receivers will vary and so will the alignment.

Huntfun

FNG
I also use Bitz jigs to make wood arrows (happen to be a LW person too) for the traditional bows I shoot and have always glued my nocks on prior to fletching without issue. I have made literally hundreds of arrows. I think not gluing or gluing is a personal preference thing. I'm going to give it a try and see what I think. Thanks for the tip untamedsense