BLM identifying lands with no public access...

cnelk

WKR
"BILLINGS, Mont. — U.S. land managers say they will release by mid-March a priority list of federal lands that need but don’t have public access.

U.S. Bureau of Land Management officials said they want people to nominate lands where the public could legally hunt, fish or pursue other recreational purposes, except the lands have limited or no access."

Read more here - https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-...lic-lands-that-arent-publicly-accessible.html

11boo

WKR
Interesting. We have some prime spots of public nearby we are locked out of, due to the 4 way intersection of public/private. They will trespass you for jumping the fence at that point, even though you are going from BLM to BLM. CPW claims you can’t jump the fence without touching the private.

cgasner1

WKR
Pretty ridiculous we need to nominate our public lands sounds like a way for the states to hand out more money to ranchers when they should be telling them to shove it and let us cross corners if they want to open up some land in Montana

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoonbill

WKR
Didn’t OnX already do this for BHA or some other organization? Be nice to see some landlocked public land opened up.

Last edited:

cgasner1

WKR
If the state isn’t willing to pencil whip corner crossing for us then how much land can we expect them to buy access to for us most of the stuff you would want access to is locked up and being used as part of a hunting lease

Mt Al

WKR
If they open up some of those bigger BLM blocks....oh man. I love that this is even a topic.

I'll hopefully go broke spending $ on gas to go hunt the land, see one other person out there and then start bitching about how people are crawling all over it, hunting's ruined, etc.. That would be awesome!

rob86jeep

WKR
Who devised the theory that hopping from one corner to another of BLM property is illegal? Eliminating this law in some states will solve some of the problem.
It's been a while since i've looked into it but I think corner crossing is only illegal/mentioned in a very few number of states (like 2 or 3). A lot of states (officers/game wardens) seem to try to enforce it as illegal even though it's not on the law books and/or nobody has ever been charged with it. I might be a little off, that's just what I remember from last time that I actually looked into it a little bit.

In my opinion, it's time to actually test these theories and make states/courts make a decision.

cgasner1

WKR
I wouldn’t wanna be the guy with a elk on the ground when the warden showed up and took it and wrote you a 12k fine before you hired a lawyer to try it in the courts but that’s just me

cgasner1

WKR
Ow and some loss of hunting rights for a couple years