Bloated Anus?

I shot a Buck with my bow. The hit was a little back and caught the back of one lung and nicked the stomach. I left it overnight. When I got to the Buck the next morning, the anus was ballooning outward and a couple feet of the intestine was very large. Overnight temp 50 degrees. Meat did not smell and he looked healthy otherwise.

Any idea what caused this? Is this some type of disease? Is the meat edible?

The internal gasses start expanding and have to release somewhere, usually a coyote would have the ass eaten out before you would get to see that happen. For the meat if it smells good I’d eat it up.

OP
big10hunter
Well I have seen bloated deer in the belly...just never seen it balloon the ass and intestines. I want to make sure it is not some intestinal parasite .

rclouse79

WKR
When I saw the title of the thread, I got excited: “finally!“ I said, “I’m not the only one!“

This thread has been a severe disappointment...
I thought my reply was hilarious, but I am man enough to admit when I have been bested. Well played.

OP
big10hunter
Any other legit answers? I really do not want to put myself or family at risk by eating the meat.

rclouse79

WKR
I am sure it is fine. I would follow basic guidelines as far as smell and color of the meat. Remember to choose the title of your post carefully if you don't care for smart ass remarks. If you post something titled "Bloated anus" and don't expect to get some grief I don't know what to tell you.

Jbxl20

WKR
Just clicked because of the title but while I’m here.... I’m sure it’s fine. I had 2 deer that sat awhile with bloated bellies that were ok and helped track and recover deer the next morning that friends had shot. One did have the back end eaten out of it. No one ever got sick. I’m sure there’s worse in processed foods. Congrats on the kill

OP
big10hunter
I am sure it is fine. I would follow basic guidelines as far as smell and color of the meat. Remember to choose the title of your post carefully if you don't care for smart ass remarks. If you post something titled "Bloated anus" and don't expect to get some grief I don't know what to tell you.
Yeah, some of the comments literally made me LOL