Blood absorbing packs for meat

Thinking about adding these to the kit for next year to soak up blood in the meat I process for others. I give away 50-60# of my stuff a year and process a deer or two for friends. One guys wife asked why the meat was so bloody when she thawed it). I explained about myoglobin release upon thawing and the fact that the deer didn’t hang or age so it was “juicy” when we processed and packed it the day of the kill.

Anyway, school on these things. Seems like I can pick up 100 on amazon for $15. I was planning on tossing them into vac bags or plastic wrap with the meat I pack. What should I know?

Hmm,
Idk I'd be a little leery, is there any kind of chemical?
Idk seem to be adding "unnatural " to the organic meat, but then again so is the plastic wrap and paper.
What about the possibility of hanging and aging them?

OP
Desk Jockey

Hunt the Top

Lil-Rokslider
Seems unnecessary to me. It might be a safe product to use, just never seems to be an issue as far as the meat to bloody. If you let the meat hang for a couple days, it sets up nice and should help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this can be useful if there is no time to dry the meat. In the forest, 10-20 km from the house. You need to quickly lay down the meat and leave the forest. And at home you can already safely hang meat and dry

I use these in the bottom of my meat totes when I thaw frozen meat to be processed. When I cut up the prefrozen meat the pieces end up swimming in blood. I can't remember where I got them from, but it's a box of thousands. I'll ck the box for markings sometime this weekend.

Goose10

FNG
LEM sells them to put in a vac sealed bag and they work pretty well. Inexpensive and you can put several in a package. I use them for freezing fish mostly but they do work for anything that is extra moist.